Lake View Hotel(Mackinac Island)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$323
US$313
  • Breakfast included
Harbour View Inn(Mackinac Island)
US$229
US$222
  • Breakfast included
Island House Hotel(Mackinac Island)
US$352
  • Pool
Mission Point(Mackinac Island)
US$289
  • Pool
Lilac Tree Suites & Spa(Mackinac Island)
Book now, pay at stay
US$340
  • Spa
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$75
Cedar Hill Lodge(Saint Ignace)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$90
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$70
US$66
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssummer housemackinac bridgesunset rockmanor housebeautiful mansionstone cliffmain mansionback porchwoods restaurantcarriage rideoff the beaten pathdowntown areahorse drawn taxiaway from the hustle and bustleper personour honeymoonrented bikes
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Make sure you specify your room. Do not get stuck with a small room when you can get a larger room for the same price. We were placed in a very small room and my sister in law had a room further down the hall that was huge. I was extremely disappointed that we paid the same amount for it. I should have complained but did not. Everything else was great. The breakfast was fantastic. I would definitely go back again but would clearly specify my request.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Absolutely love this place. I like how it is secluded and has trails to walk or run. The view from the back porch of the Mansion is breathtaking, and to have the view of the Makinaw bridge either in the day or night is astounding. The staff is great and the Manager goes above and beyond her duties.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2017

The Inn is located in a beautiful setting away from the busier area--not on Main Street. The Cudahy Room had a beautiful view of the back of the property and Mackinaw Bridge. Our experience was peaceful and enjoyable at the Inn at Stonecliffe.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This was the first time on the island in over 10 years and the first time actually staying on the island overnight. We decided on Stonecliffe because of the distance from town- it can be a little hectic within the first two-three blocks and honestly Stonecliffe looked the nicest within our price range. I love bed and breakfasts but the decor can sometimes be overwhelming (especially on Mackinaw)- this is another reason we picked Stonecliffe- its in a great setting with a great view from the main house, it feels like a small bed and breakfast but its updated and clean.

I would suggest bringing your own bikes if possible. You can rent them from the hotel (very expensive) or on the island when you first get off the ferry (also very expensive- about $60 day).

Once we arrived, Stonecliffe employees were there to take our luggage up to the hotel for us. There is a carriage you can take to the hotel, but as I mentioned we had our own bikes.

The hotel is about 1-1.5 miles from the main strip of the island. Our room had a lake view and was in the summer house. It was clean and updated. It had a nice "living room" with a little kitchen, and a balcony with a table and chairs. The only, very small, issue I had with the room was the bathroom ceiling- it needed to be cleaned and repainted.

The beds and linens were very comfortable!

We didn't prepare to be dressed for dinner (we brought mostly lounge wear, jeans, ect). The main dining room looked beautiful and had a great selection, but as I said we did not actually eat there. They have a bar and bar food right next to it in the main house though! We ate there on two different nights and were able to enjoy the beautiful view of the lake and the bridge. Breakfast was available each morning- they had a nice selection and made the beginning of the day easy.

There was a nice pool but we did not use it as it was closed for the season.

Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. If you stay in the summer house, I would try to get a lake view room, as the other side pretty much looks into some trees. The distance from town can be a pro or a con but if you are like me, we came to ride bikes around the island and wanted some peace and quiet, this is the place for you!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The hotel was very nice. This was our first trip to the Island and if I'd known it was as far as it was from downtown we probably wouldn't have stayed here. Excellent room and food, but a bit more money than I would normally spend. Not their fault, but mine for not doing more research.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple