“Very Disappointed!”

Clarion Hotel Beachfront
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Mackinaw City
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Room was clean and beds were comfortable. The room was very dated and small. We were a few doors down from the office and it was very noisy. Maybe there are better rooms somewhere as it is a large hotel. Air conditioner roared if you put it on. Breakfast was minimal and very standard. Would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Maybe rooms away from the front entrance are better.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Love are stay , The place was clean, had nice furniture, new carpet, it had a balcony, which was really nice , we saw a beautiful sunrise, very friendly staff, nice breakfast, would definitely stay there again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Ok so I was here for a business trip. Since I've been to Mackinaw City many times, I was hoping for good but didn't get it. The price was lower than other places which was great but I wasn't paying for it. If I were, I would stay someplace else.

First off, their sign is on the next property, so it's confusing where you should pull in to register. The room was clean but the carpet was not. The lobby was a little rough with old furniture and the front desk not clean. There were two rooms off the lobby that may have been old breakfast rooms or business centers but are now just storage rooms. Both open for the public to see. Should be closed off if not being used or at least cleaned up.

The extra bath supplies they say they can provide, are not readily available. The front desk clerk had to hunt for what I asked for.

The saying 'you get what you pay for' is true in this place. Spend a little more and you will have a better experience in this amazing town.

I will be back next year but will stay someplace else.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The staff weren't very friendly. Housekeeping didn't give us more shampoo or coffee - had to go to the front desk for some.

There are no blankets on the bed - again had to go to the not-so-friendly front desk.

Breakfast was not good! The cereal and sausage tasted funky and nothing else was all that appetizing. Again, the staff in the breakfast room wasn't so friendly.

Location was good - cannot see the bridge but it is on the beach.

So glad I got a very good deal on this joint. Do not pay more than $100 a night.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

This was by far the filthiest place I've ever stayed at. Upon arrival the check in went well then we got to room put our things up and went out to eat. When we came back by husband starts to get in shower and he finds a dirty washcloth hanging over the shower curtain. Then the hot water in the shower didn't work. I called the front desk and they apologized but offered nothing for our trouble but said I could speak with the manager in the morning. The next morning when I went to speak to the manager about the condition we found our room in he was very rude and asked what do you want. They acted like I was putting them out by mentioning the mess. Filthiest most expensive not worth it place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple