On Eagle's Wings Inn
US$100
Residence Inn Midland(Midland)
US$149
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$134
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$116
Hampton.com
US$112
US$109
US$70
Days Inn by Wyndham Midland(Midland)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$220
US$170
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I had both my wedding ceremony and reception at this venue. The owners were extremely disorganized and changed their minds about what was included and what wasn’t many times. I almost did not have tables a week before my wedding when they tried to back out on providing them. We were told many different things and often could not get ahold of anyone to ask questions. The day of the wedding they did not have the seating set up in time so the groomsmen had to do that and this caused pictures to be late. The owners also came to the rehearsal to take food, and they attended the wedding, and the reception in their plain clothes without asking us. They even went as far as to bring trays to take food and multiple slices of cake during our wedding reception. It was grossly inappropriate. The owners also told my flower girl’s mother that she could not let her change into her dress where I was getting ready (even though I said that that was what she should do) and made her walk out to a separate changing room only to find it occupied. The venue can be gorgeous but the management is horrible.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2015

I recently helped out with a wedding at this facility. I do realize that the owners of On Eagles Wings are new to this, but they could use a lesson on hospitality and friendliness. Every interaction I had with them made me feel as if I was intruding on their space and time. When I asked for the filtered drinking water (that they were supposedly providing, as stated in the contract) I was told that it was a lot of work for them to carry it from the house and I could pump my own from the well that came out of the ground there. So our guests drank yellow stinky well water with their nice dinner. The owners did eventually bring out some filtered water, but it was served outside on a tiny card table out of tiny paper dixie cups like you would use at the dentist.
At least five guests told me that while parking their cars they had been spoken to rudely by the owners. There was a riding lawnmower that was left at the entrance to the reception site and various other bits of farm equipment and junk were stored in clear view of the ceremony/reception site. The wheelchair ramp was only partially built (missing some side rails) and the electrical wiring had some issues (blown fuses from plugging in roasters to keep the food warm).
The white chairs that were set up for the ceremony were dirty, so one of the family members wiped them all down. Some of the tables provided for dinner were dirty/stained. When we came to set up the decorations there was quite a bit of stuff stored in the room that needed to be removed. Since we were expected to leave this place spotless when we were done, I'm not sure why it was provided to us cluttered and unclean.
In the end this was a very lovely place for a wedding, but it really should have been provided with a little more graciousness and consideration by the owners.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Ginger C
Reviewed 15 June 2015

I attended a wedding at this farm in early June and feel horrible for the family who reserved this site. The hosts were incredibly rude to guest, screaming at them about parking and making everyone park past the mowed field, down into the lower, wet and high weeds. There were so many safety issues as well - an unfinished ramp with no side slats that children or wheelchairs could have fallen thru, weak floors in the barn (I'd love to see how they were supported!) and nails coming through the walls. There was a soft mesh "protecting" people from the nails, but anyone who leaned back in their chair could still have pushed into the long nails!

Besides the safety issues, the property hosts apparently served water between the wedding and reception, but they dressed in their regular farming clothes and served water in paper dixie cups like you'd find in a bathroom. Seriously, cough up some money for clear plastic cups for a classy occassion like a wedding! I guess that goes with having outhouses and no running water for the family to serve proper beverages without getting it from the pump next to the barn.

I can't comment on the bed/breakfast as that appears to be in the house, but if you are considering reserving the rest of the facilities for a wedding or party, be aware!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie I
Management response:Responded 4 November 2015

Thank you for the opportunity to comment. In an attempt to be objective we have refrained from responding to these [three] commentaries until the outdoor wedding season ended. The reviewer comments are not consistent with face to face feedback we have received, even from attendees at the event in question. However, we have taken the criticism to heart and any issues mentioned in the reviews have been addressed by the venue owners.
We are grateful for the positive attitude and behavior of nearly all the guests that visit our site. After 8 years of successful operation of our B&B, On Eagles Wings Inn (OEWI), we opened our site to host larger events offering it at a very reasonable cost. We have learned from this, our first wedding season, that much is expected. We are continually evolving better ways to handle both routine and unexpected aspects of events while trying to keep the cost down.
We truly appreciate any feedback even if it is sometimes hard to swallow or perhaps based on miscommunication. We have received a lot of very positive feedback but have discovered with every event there are areas for improvement. We are continuously striving to make our venue one that is enjoyed by all who visit.
The site is a rural farm setting and as such it will have the ambiance of a farm which is inherently a site with farm equipment sitting around. While this may be unattractive to some it seems to be what most who are booking a rural setting are looking for. That is why we will not allow an event to be booked without a site visit, preferably more than one, to be sure it will meet expectations.
In spite of many acres of natural surroundings, the layout of our parking and drives requires a specific direction of traffic flow and speed. We have seen more than one instance of hurried, and probably harried, drivers taking some safety risks that could endanger others or be destructive to the property. Consequently we feel obligated to do our best to minimize that by personally engaging with each driver. Unfortunately this was perceived as rudeness. For the enjoyment of future guests we have to make sure visitors are honoring the property. To help resolve this we now have more signs and barricades.
As stated above, it is a rural site and restroom facilities are leased. If the desire for events at our location continues, indoor facilities may be economically possible in the future. The country setting also means all of our water comes from wells. The water located at the barn comes from the same aquifer as the iron rich water located at the house. When the site is booked it is clearly stated that all drinks and food are the responsibility of the renter/caterer. We will provide water between the ceremony and the reception if it is requested but it should not be considered a main source of drinks for guests. The site is equipped with electricity for warming pots/pans but not for actual preparation of the meal. Therefore, if that kind of facility is needed our venue may not be the right choice.
As for the state of the barn itself, the floors are plywood supported by more than ample floor joists placed there by Amish builders to support literally tons of hay bales. Stepping on the edges of the plywood between floor joists could give the feeling of slight bending but is not a sign of a weak floor. The nails in the roof do have protective netting over them to prevent injury. During the event mentioned in the reviews (wedding #2) the ramp was still under construction and was not meant to be used by the masses. A barrier was removed to allow the use of the ramp for one guest. The balusters were completed prior to the next event.
We invite any interested parties to take the time to visit and determine for themselves if OEWI is the right venue for their event. If your needs are different please let us know so we can work to meet them. If anyone is interested in more specific detail about any concerns expressed we will be happy to discuss them as fully as possible in person. Thank you again for the opportunity to comment.

Reviewed 13 June 2015

I recently attend my sister’s wedding and reception at On Eagle’s Wings, the experience was not positive. The owners/staff were unwelcoming and rude. In addition there were safety issues with the location and clutter near the sight. If you care to hear the details read further.

As we drove up to the wedding location we were running late. On the road coming up to the site we saw a woman waving at us on the edge of the road, much like someone would wave "hi". We continued on passed her, but just as we passed, we heard “STOPPP!!!” We stopped and in a rude tone she said “I need to give you directions!” She proceeded to give us directions to the next person who then tells us to “drive slow” so we don’t kick up dust into the wedding site, no “welcome, thank you, etc”. I dropped my wife/kids off at the wedding site and proceeded to park in the field as directed. The person parking cars used strange hand signals to direct me to park to the next car. I parked the minivan next to a vehicle but slightly crooked. The guy then rudely tells me I need to park straighter. Mind you, I was well within any lines that would have existed in a normal parking lot. Again, no smiles, glad you are here, or welcome. Proper hand signals, name tags, signage, uniforms, and frankly a smile with some kind words would have made it a bit more positive experience.

Regarding the safety issues, there was a ramp going into the barn was missing spindles. I didn’t realize it at the time, but they were letting everyone use the ramp (including kids) with this safety issue. Had someone fallen through it was quite a distance to the ground. They didn’t have it roped off or better yet, repaired! The safety issues continued when we went to sit down and saw one of the food warmers sitting on the floor plugged in. Come to find out it was moved to another plug because a breaker blew. The barn didn’t have proper electrical/circuit breakers for several food warmers. This is not to mention the junk and farm equipment sitting next to the wedding and reception areas.

The owners should watch Hotel Impossible and take a few tips.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Chuck & Bethany Goodman are gracious hosts! Never intrusive, but always attentive. This country B&B is a real treat. With only 4 rooms, you are truly away from the maddening crowd. No TV in the Mackinaw room, but you won't miss it. Less that 5 miles away is a little known gem of a restaurant, Shari's at the Willard Hillton. Don't miss it!

Room Tip: The Mackinaw Room has a waterfall gurgling just outside the windows in a nice sitting area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple