All reviews outdoor sitting area gas fireplace family reunion hot breakfast pool and hot tub king suite living room we've stayed shopping and restaurants rooms are clean the hotel staff great place to stay amenities privacy desk cereal michigan
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Very comfortable furnishings, super clean, quiet, and friendly.
At first, I thought $150+ for a night was pricey, but changed my mind.
Remember it's a king suite. Also, included is an American breakfast.
And, I forgot toothpaste went to their store and didn't see any to buy.
The desk gave me some "gratius". Who does that ? Yes, I was happy
and believe the cost was worth it overall.

Room Tip: First time there; take your chances like all of us.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very nice, clean, well designed hotel, but for its class, there should be a portico. We had to unpack and run in a downpour, which nicer hotels do not usually entail - they have covered entry.

Second, our room was so smoky on two separate occasions that we raised a ruckus with the manager. I have asthma, and have never had such an experience before, especially in a Marriott. The ventilation system pushes air with force through bathroom fans that come on automatically, and the smoke was so intense we left the room. They offered us a change of rooms, but we were unpacked and in bed the first time, with our dogs asleep!

It seems they cannot easily detect the source, so how about smoke detectors? Never again, not the fault of management, but miserable for us, especially the SECOND time!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Shannon T, General Manager at Residence Inn Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for your survey. On behalf of myself and the entire staff at The Midland Residence Inn, we want to extend our sincerest apologies for the smoking issue caused by another guest. We were able to locate where it was coming and immediately addressed the situation. It is very rare that we encounter this behavior and again I apologize. We will be using your survey for future training of our staff in hopes to catch any immediate problems right away.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Great stay! Clean, nice, comfortable common areas and rooms. Mattress, water pressure (and temperature) was A1; plenty of amenities and close to shopping and restaurants. Had a minor housekeeping issue that the management bent over backwards to rectify! Marriott employees are absolutely wonderful to their guests, every time I see one he/she greets me warmly and asks about my stay. Highly recommend this property.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Nice clean hotel, awesome staff very friendly! We got upgraded to a two bed/two bath. The hotel looks fairly new. Breakfast was nice, Location was good near a Mall, and many other stores. Parking was convenient.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Room was nice but needed to be cleaned better. Hairs were left on the couch and in the bathroom. Picture on the wall by the table had splatters of food/drink on it. Other than that my stay was great.
The room layout and size are great. The pool area is nice and was very clean. The water temperatures in the pool and hot tub were great.
I did not use the courtyard but it appeared to be nice.

I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo