“A trip back in time”

Cuisines: American
Description: (231) 893-5624
Description: (231) 893-5624
Reviewed 14 March 2017

If in the White Lake Area, be sure to stop at Lipkas. Lunch has a mix of standards and creative fare. All food is home made. Pleasant atmosphere that takes you back in time.

1  Thank 360mechelles

Reviewed 8 March 2017

My family and I went to Lipkas in March 2017. Even though it was March it felt like we were in Mayberry. The service was beyond excellent, the float, sundae and malt we had were wonderful. I know we will be back very soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Being in this darling town for only a very brief visit, I asked around where to find a good sandwich. No big name fast food places, thank you very much!! Immediately, Lipka's was recommended! Day one, I took a large tuna salad sandwich and chips back to my hotel! YUMMY! Day two, I ran over again and took back a delicious cup of beef soup, and a turkey sandwich that I had to split into yet another meal--------next day breakfast!!!!!!! Ha! Absolutely delicious food at this charming little place! Wish we had a Lipka's nearby my home in Ann Arbor! Helpful, personable staff and fabulous homemade sandwiches! It's a definite spot to check out if anywhere near Montague!! In fact, please Fed-ex me one of their sandwiches! Your choice!!!

2  Thank Take-a-Break-Girl
Reviewed 2 December 2016

This cafe serves soups, salads, and sandwiches for lunch. On a warm day, the inside was stiflingly hot and the airborne grease from the grill filled the store. I left smelling like a sandwich. The food is institutional, probably all Sysco. The ice cream/soda fountain is antique, and a delightful authentic feature with shakes, malts, and cones.

3  Thank nitsua2016
Reviewed 4 November 2016

We love Lipka's! The unique sandwich combinations are fun to try. Plus, who doesn't love a chocolate malt! We visited two other sandwich shops on our trip and paid almost twice what Patty charges. We told her she could charge more but she said she doesn't run Lipka's to get rich but because she loves her community. You can tell she loves what she does. The food is great and getting ice cream in glass dishes is so fun. We did stop by in July and it was crazy busy! We've also gone in April and October - much more relaxing.

1  Thank Darcy H