“SOOO GOOD”
Review of Papa's Pizza

Papa's Pizza
Ranked #7 of 12 Restaurants in Montague
Description: Celebrating over 50 years in the White Lake Area!
Description: Celebrating over 50 years in the White Lake Area!
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Have eaten at Papa's Pizza for many years. They have the best Deep Dish Hawaiian pizza I have ever had. The subs are also amazingly good. I wish they were open everyday, because sometimes nothing satisfies like a Papa's meal...

sstowe80, Owner at Papa's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your business and can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Stopped at Papas and got a great deep dish pizza! Also got some Italian bread with lettuce dressing and it was outstanding! Love the grinders as well the Mama Woppa is a must eat!

sstowe80, Owner at Papa's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Thank you so much for your review! Sorry for the late response but i do want to say thank you for your business and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Sarah, the owner, has kept the tradition and quality for the Papa Whoppa intact. I do like the addition of the Momma Whoppa, though . I took the family there for dinner and my brother-in-law said it was the best pizza he ever ate and he's a picky eater. My trips to Michigan are not complete unless I have several meals here. It takes me back the joys of summer when it was a simpler time. Go see Sarah and enjoy a great sandwich or pizza. The atmosphere is rustic and it's like going back in time and that's the way I like it. Too many times places do a big make-over and it ruins the experience: It's a local pizza place and I would be sad if it changed it's décor. I have NEVER had a bad meal here! The staff is great, too!!!

sstowe80, Owner at Papa's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Hey! Thank you again for stopping in and for your great review! Myself and my staff really appreciate the kind words and friendliness you bring when you walk in the door! It's always nice to hear we are doing something right =) We all look forward to seeing you again on your next trip out!

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Great food and service for myself and family for over 25yrs. Amazing papa whoppas and Italian bread!

sstowe80, Owner at Papa's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I had the Poppa Whoppa. Hadn't had one since coming to Montague years ago for my Mom's funeral, before that I hadn't had one since high school in the 70's. The overall condition of the restaurant indicated that they are cash starved, the quality of the food revealed why they don't have a sustainable business. THE SANDWICH WAS TERRIBLE, and even the potato chips on the plate were stale. The entire time I was there on a Saturday night, there wasn't another customer, and the phone didn't ring. I will not ever return.

1  Thank HDFLHPI

We are very sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience at our establishment. We can only do so much about the "condition" of our restaurant as we are indeed small and family owned for nearly 50 years but please be aware that we are constantly making improvements to make sure our business stays in the area. We have recently replaced our roof on our porch and main building and added other improved restaurant equipment to ensure safety. We have also changed our plating system for subs by using individual bagged chips to ensure freshness. April is our off season which would explain the slow business you noticed. As for the sandwich itself i apologize if the quality wasn't as you remembered. We do our best to make sure the recipes stay the same as our family tradition has always been. If you do find yourself in the area again i hope you reconsider your choice of never returning. Thank you for your review and bringing these issues to our attention!