Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
US$21
View deal
Booking.comUS$21
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I slept in the dorm which was nice and spacious but the lack of fans is ridiculous. You would think that in the hottest city that dorms would have fans but they had maybe 2 ceiling ones and the ceiling is pretty high. I would wake up in the middle of night in a puddle of sweat. It gets really noisy at 6 am on the street so you won’t get a good rest here. Their fridge wasn’t working so no cold water or beer. The ambiance is non-existant but they do have hammocks and chairs if you want to hang-out. There are a few bathrooms and showers which is nice and a pool to cool off but definitely not worth staying here. My friends were staying at Poco a Poco and it’s too bad they were booked because that was such a nicer hostel. The staff was nice but the place could be much better.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights in total, mostly for convenience - it’s next to the Quetzaltrekkers office and a great location in the city. A solid 4/5 because a few things were lacking: consistently good showers, good WiFi, and protection from the mosquitoes of which there are many. The vibe was interesting, the breakfast was alright (get the pancakes, not the yogurt and granola), free coffee and tea, and the staff really helped me sort out my stuff. If you take a late night shuttle (2am) to Antigua you need to book a room here, you can’t just hang out. But it was worth it for me because I got out of a hike and could use their showers, keep my stuff safe, and sleep for a couple hours before I had to leave. I wouldn’t go to Nicaraguita restaurant, I had a bad experience there, but there are other good comedors around, and I recommend the street food at the Central Park!

1  Thank bisonbisonathabascae
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

In the very warm city of Leon, this is like a nice and comfortable place to stay. With a small swimming pool. Coffee is ready in the morning. Possible to buy breakfast, but would recommend to buy it somewhere outside.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Loved staying at this hostel, great location, the best breakfasts, very clean, great pool and court yard! The neighbourhood is close to everything including a few excellent restaurants. The only thing I would say is that the banos can be a bit far from your room depending on which room you have. Overall, a great place with super helpful staff.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

This hostel could be so much better. The pool and common areas are nice but that’s about it. Our double private room was sandwiched between two other privates that when we were there were occupied by a family of four with two young children and a group of friends. The walls are made of wooden planks with gaps so you can hear everything almost as if you’re staying in the same room. We may as well have saved our money and booked the dorm. The privates are also very hot and if you don’t want an invasion of mosquitos you have to shut all the windows at night and it gets very stuffy. There is a fan that helped. The bathrooms downstairs were quite old and the toilet didn’t flush properly for us once during our whole stay. The showers were cold like most in Nicaragua but you don’t mind it’s so hot, and the water pressure was good. The breakfast was also really average (and you’re paying extra for it so it should be good). We were served two pancakes each - one burnt and the other not cooked with raw pancake mix inside it. Whenever we asked the guy on reception questions about the tours offered by the Hostel’s travel agency the answer was usually “I don’t know” so we ended up booking tours elsewhere. However at other times the man on reception was very helpful, booking taxis and directing us to the places we wanted to go. The pool and the size of the property are definite pluses because Leon is very hot... and the internet worked really well during our stay. But I probably wouldn’t stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2018