All reviewscorner roomfull size fridgerestaurant next doorthe lake house restaurantoutdoor poolmuskegon lakesliding glassbeautiful hotelwater viewoverlooking the marinafloor to ceiling windowsopen hoursadjacent restaurantbeautiful roomking bedcontinental breakfastupon check
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nicely done, even has a drawing room you can sit in and use the computer. Our room had a beautiful view of the harbor. There is a restaurant in the hotel and one next to the hotel which is very pricey. We decided to go elsewhere to eat due to the prices. Our room was on the fourth floor and had a beautiful view of the harbor. The room has expensive wood headboards and marble tables. The owner would have been better off spending money on decent mattresses. The mattress was so hard I could not sleep; it hurt my back so. I ended up having to sleep on top of the comforter which I folded up into three layers and doubled the mattress pad just to be able to go to sleep. This was not fun after a long day of travel. It was somewhat softer sleeping on top of the layers of comforter. Also there is no sound proofing and you can hear the people in the room next to you. My recommendation to management is to spend some money getting some decent beds or mattress toppers because the beds in the room I had were horrible. And I should mention that the bathrooms are nice and large, but the toilet is crammed up against the wall and when you sit down on the toilet the toilet paper holder punches you in the arm / side. Obviously a lot of planning did not go into that. I will not stay here again and my suggestion is to get a room at a hotel without a view that has decent beds because after all that is why we go to a hotel, to sleep.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pathfinder254886
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

I appreciate your time in telling others about your experience at the Shoreline Inn. I can assure that the owner of the hotel reads every single guest comment about the Shoreline Inn. He genuinely cares and we all appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed for a wedding reception. We were able to check in early which was nice, so that we could get ready. Room was spacious and very nice, way better than I expected for this hotel chain affiliation. Our standard queen room even had a full size refrigerator. It also had a microwave, small sink and a keurig machine. The pool is a little small but ok to have fun with the kids in. There are also two hot tubs and the area is open 24 hours. There are a few arcade type machines that are just outside the pool area too. The restaurant next door, the Lake House is nice.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

I loved this five star review. Thank you so much! Ascend Collection is Choice's upscale brand and I think you'll find they are each unique and amazing. Our indoor pool with a fireplace is really cool, but definitely check out our outdoor pool area next time you stay. It's absolutely beautiful in the summer. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Great hotel and staff. Room rates are very reasonable. We stayed on the 10 floor..room had sliders to open and the view of downtown Muskegon is fantastic as well as the river. Weather was excellent o this trip it bet would be very hot and humid.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

A very nice hotel, but it had a few shortcomings. The rooms could use more light. I did not appreciate the staff smoking just outside the front door, and I picked this place for the indoor pool and hot tub, but it was closed for renovations.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gary G

I'm so sorry that you caught us at a time when we were upgrading our facilities. We didn't mean to disappoint you with the indoor pool closing, but I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy our heated outdoor pool! I will address with the staff the proper place to smoke. You are right. The correct break location is not just outside the front doors. I do hope you will visit the Shoreline Inn again.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We booked this about a year ago and are heading back in a week. Hoping for good weather like last time. The staff is amazing. they will go out of your way to accommodate. The hotel itself feels like a first class place. Love the penthouse corner rooms, with floor to ceiling sliders. The 24 hour pool was great. We took the kids for a midnight swim. I know kids weren't allowed but the staff didn't say a word. We were the only ones down there at the time. I couldn't be happier staying here and will be back many times.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Lisa G, General Manager at Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

We are so happy that our rooms, amenities, and our staff turned you into a loyal guest! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your visit!