See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The motel itself has a lot of personality, and we enjoyed staying there. We got a room with two beds for us and our kids, which was perfectly sufficient for our stay.

I would advise, however, that you NOT book this through TripAdvisor. We showed up after booking and they had received our information from TripAdvisor, but said the room we booked did not exist and they had not received a penny through TripAdvisor. So, I ended up having to pay again. They told me that if I stopped by again, I should not use TripAdvisor to book the room. I just hope I can call TripAdvisor and get my money back that I paid through them.

Room Tip: Great Room, but don't book here through TripAdvisor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

First off- I read reviews and I am not sure what everyone's past motels/hotels have been.
I have not been in a motel in a long time- been very blessed and been in many 'nice' and 'high end' hotel chains (so I do know there would be a difference between them).
Everything else was booked- so I called and found out they had a room and my son and I took it (he had a sand in soccer tournament nearby).
The room was very clean- and also dated- but that made it that 'cool' experience as well. good flat screen TV; frig worked well and cold, things were 'dated' but a great experience.
We had a wide variety of fresh baked doughnuts and rolls every day and the coffee was decent (not Starbucks- but give me a break as well).
the BEST part was Joan- the owner of the establishment.
She was awesome- nice customer service/ friendly/ kind/ really cares about her place.

really quite easy to get on and off the highway and compared to what some of my other buddies had to pay for a room that weekend- it was very well priced as well.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank shortyrockspartan
Reviewed 2 July 2017

An older motel that is very clean. Right off the highway, easy accsess. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, move along. I love motels like this for my business travel. Nothing too fancy and perfect for one night stay. The owner Joan is great. No problems with wifi.

Room Tip: I had room 15. It was clean and cozy. I expect all the rooms are like mine.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Yes the wifi can be dicey...Yes the tv was hard to manipulate...Yes the complimentary donuts the next morning were, well, limited in choice...Yes the coffee was vaguely coffee..Yes the Concierge, Matron, whatever her title, yeah she can be a little MIA at times...and YES the room was clean, and damn affordable for a post Labor Day journey up the West side. We used this motel as a layover while visiting the Silversides Museum. We will stay here again without hesitation...but I'm bringing my own coffee and 4 cup machine !

Room Tip: bring your own coffee and maker if you care about that kinda thing
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jesse W
Reviewed 26 July 2016

It was not fancy and it not in the greatest part of town, but our room was very clean, smoke-free, pet-friendly, air-conditioned, and relatively inexpensive. We had easy access to the expressway and could quickly get to beaches and brew pubs. We had a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 21, which was comfortable, clean, quiet, and smoke-free.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple