All reviewscoffee shopbentwood tavernfree coffeefront deskbedroom loftoutdoor poolsister propertycomplimentary bikesthe hotel sitsperfect getawaynice patiopublic beachbottle of champagneget awaygirls weekendfour winds casinofrom chicago
Reviewed 28 February 2015

I stayed at Marina Grand for the first time this past Saturday, and was WOWED by my experience. I travel often and have stayed at many hotels, but was truly impressived by this one! I was greeted warmly and told about the many amenities the hotel had to offer. The size of my room was fantastic and I loved the clean, modern look. Everything was sleek, classy and high end, including their restaurant, Bentwood Tavern. Their menu was amazing- their were so many stand out dishes, it was hard to pick just one.

I was able to attend a Saturday wine/beer seminar that was really well put together. The staff was well versed in local wine and beer knowledge- which is something I am very interested in. I also liked that I was able to purchase any of the items discussed during the seminar, at their coffee shop.

The coffee shop is another amazing part of Marina Grand! Never have I seen such a polished coffee shop within a hotel! Not only do they offer coffee and fresh baked pastries, but they sell fresh gourmet items as well (think fresh cheeses, unique crackers, tasty dips etc etc). There were so many wonderful options. Oh and did I already mention you can buy great bottles of wine there?! ;)

This hotel is top notch. I would recommend it to anyone. I throughly enjoyed my stay and can't wait to come back again soon!

• Stayed: February 2015
5  Thank Champion2121
Reviewed 6 February 2015

Ahhh Marina Grand, just typing the name makes me nostalgic for warm summer nights in New Buffalo. I have been staying with my family at this hotel for almost a decade. Every summer we look forward to packing up the car and heading to New Buffalo to indulge in all things pure Michigan. The one bedroom suits are truly stunning. A full kitchen awaits you complete with a nautical style living room (fireplace!) and a separate bedroom. After a short walk to New Buffalo Beach to take in the sunset, head back to you room and crack open a bottle of wine on your patio. The views of the marina will sweep you away.

What I love about this resort is the location. You are a short walk to all the classic restaurants that New Buffalo has to offer....Stray Dog, Brewsters and Nancy's (Best ice cream in New Buffalo!) Another new feature in the past few years is the rooftop patio. It is not to be missed, especially on a warm summer night. The restaurant on property is excellent and has a really nice outdoor patio right on the Marina. New Buffalo it is all about al fresco dining!

In recent years this hotel has become increasing popular and the prices for a weekend stay have tripled! My advice is if you want a slice of that pure Michigan magic, book your stay as far in advance as possible to secure a reasonable rate. Also check out Marina Grand's sister property next door, Harbor Grand-both properties are gorgeous summer vacation material Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TravelLinds
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Very nice hotel, We choose a suite instead of small room on Harbour. After being shown our Bay room with Fireplace, we decided to go to bigger suite since we were staying for a few days. Bay room didn't have much room, or much of a view in November.
Might be a good choice in summer for one night, if you choose to sit on your bed and watch the fire, TV, or limited view. Not for us, we picked the suite with table, Couch, and seperate Bedroom. The morning breakfast baskets were a great touch.
Restraunt was fantastic, and meeting new people every night by the outside firepit was fun. Staff was great in moving us and meeting our needs.

Room Tip: Visit the fire pit.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dntwiscon1
RobertKemper, General Manager at Marina Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2015

Thank you for staying at our sister hotel The Harbor Grand. All the suites and rooms at Marina Grand Resort have marina views. We hope you will visit The Harbor Grand again and enjoy the sunsets on the New Buffalo Beach, they are inspiring.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

We've stayed here a number of times over the years and always look forward to our return. The service in the hotel, restaurant (Bentwood Tavern), coffee shop and wine seminars is boutique-personal and entirely friendly.

The rooms are well-situated and have a view of the harbor. If you can get one, the suites are lovely and quite accommodating. The standard rooms are suitable too, with a fireplace to enjoy.

Always fresh and tidy. Great location for exploring the wineries and towns nearby.

Room Tip: All view the harbor. Suites are exceptional.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2015

We were there for the 2015 6th Annual HCPAI Birdhouse Fundraiser Auction
(Jan. 9th) and stayed the night. A great place to be on a cold night with a fireplace in each room. The staff was very helpful and the rooms are very nice. In-door pool, hot tub and Bentwood Tavern to dine. Accommodations for large groups and events.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends