“Just passing through”

New Buffalo Bill's Wood Fired Bbq
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Description: *Fresh smoked meats daily* *Variety f fresh hot & cold dishes* *Gluten Free and Vegetarian options* *Kids Menu* *Beer & Wine Available* *Customized Catering * *Outdoor Pet Friendly Patio*
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We passed through New Buffalo on our way to Grand Rapids. I have been to New Buffalo twice to vacation in the past, but this was our first time stopping here. The food is served cafeteria style complete with the metal tray and the checkered paper. I had the half chicken plate which included two sides of which I chose the root beer baked beans and the sweet potato salad. My husband had the salmon plate and he chose the corn spoonbread and the greens. The baked beans were fabulous! The sweet potato salad was surprisingly excellent. It is one of those recipes I will try to imitate when I get home! The cornbread was also very good. My husband said the greens were mediocre. The salmon was very flavorful. The chicken was some of the best smoked chicken I have ever had. We tried the mustard-based barbecue sauce in addition to the sweet and smoky. Both were practically drinkable! My only complaint was that the salmon took quite a bit longer to prepare--I was almost completely done with my meal by the time my husband got his salmon. Also, we seemed to get there right in time as the line got considerably longer behind us. With only one person serving the main course, it did take quite a bit of time to get through the line. Everyone was super friendly, and the smell walking in from the parking lot was heavenly. Had the salmon not taken so long (or had someone just said, "The salmon does take quite a bit longer to prepare just want you to be aware..."), I would have given it 5 stars.

1  Thank E1171DYangelac

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I had the combo meal of ribs, brisket and pulled pork and all were very good. Wife enjoyed portabello sandwich while adult kids had pulled pork. All left very satisfied and loved the tenderness of the meet and the flavor of the bbq sauce of which the provided us with extra. A surprise in New Buffalo but for a Saturday night where other places are crowded, this was easy to get in and we will be back.

1  Thank DSquared1967
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Loved the interesting sides! Especially the sweet potatoe salad! Great service and interesting place!

1  Thank sewthyme
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Real BBQ, not the Midwest grilling idea of 'BBQ'. Moist, tasty, not overly sauced and great sides. I want the recipe for the Spoon cornbread. Plenty of parking, no lines and smells great inside!

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I've been to New Buffalo often but I've never stopped here on Red Arrow and was quite pleased. It was also nice to have a drive-up window because I was doing take-out.