“The only thing that was good about this hotel was that I used my reward points and it was free!”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 26 August 2015

My daughter and I booked this hotel to do some 'back to school' shopping as the Twelve Oaks Mall is less than a mile away. We booked this hotel as normally you are guaranteed a nice room with the Marriott name brand. Little did I realize the disappointment to come. The hotel is difficult to find if you dodn't have a GPS. The front entrance is also not easy to find and is one small door to a very small entrance. The room was not clean (mold on the ceiling/pubic hair all over the shower/fuzzies on the vent in the bathroom) (room 304).
The breakfast room was probably the smallest I've ever been in at a hotel. To top it off the power went out for 2 hours (I checked out after two hours of waiting....it could have been out for longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and therefore no breakfast was available. Garbage was all over the place in the breakfast room even though there was plenty of light coming in from windows. It reminded me of a place being 'looted.' Not sure why the garbage was left all over just because the power was out?
This was the only time I have never received a billing statement under my door during the night. The front desk was also not able to print off a statement in the morning as the power was out. Since I live in Canada I needed to show a record of stay at the border crossing which I never did receive. Thank goodness I wasn't given a hard time at the border.
I would stay next door at the Courtyard next time! Definitely not this hotel again.

Room Tip: I can't see there being any nice rooms since mine looked so dirty!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Andrew G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at The Novi TownePlace Suites. I will be looking into the issues mentioned, as upholding our committment to providing an outstanding guest experience is of most importance to us.

Regards,
Andrew

Reviewed 30 July 2015

The hotel is smaller but immaculate. The rooms are more than spacious. We had a full kitchen. All the employees were extremely friendly and helpful. We had an issue with a credit card charge, but it was handled quickly and professionally to our satisfaction. It is one of the better hotels I have stayed in and I have traveled almost all the world.

Room Tip: Has a beautiful view of a lake.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2015

This hotel is in a very convenient location for business, shopping, dining and night life. If you are visiting the area this hotel is exceptionally well attending with a wonderful, genuinley caring staff. I will stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: Perhaps a higher floor would have cut down a little on the noise, although I've been in much noi...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2015

The location was perfect for my needs. Near to my business meeting, close to any type of ethnic dining or shopping locations, and near my family. Eric, on the front desk was very accommodating when I approached him concerning a slight problem in my room and asked for an early afternoon repair instead of an immediate repair. My room was very clean (I walked around in white socks and they were still white when I took them off - to me a good sign of good housekeeping). There was a small kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, and a rice cooker. The room rate include a free breakfast, which was just OK. Breakfast options include self-made waffles, pre-cooked eggs, sausage, assorted breads, english muffins, yogurt, juice, to some of the best coffee I have ever had in a hotel. All in all, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, even just passing through,

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2015

We were visiting the area to visit family during Father's Day weekend. The experience at the hotel was fine. The kids enjoyed swimming in the pool, and the breakfasts were sufficient. We liked having the 2 bedroom suite. There area many restaurants and shops in the area.
But I will be very frank: the roads leading to the hotel are CRAPPY. You will ruin your car's alignment and shocks and need a back massage after driving down these potholed laden streets. Now, I know this isn't the hotel's fault, but it is the fault of those elected officials who choose to do nothing about the infrastructure in the area, and it does affect tourism.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family