“relaxing time in Oakland county”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Novi
Reviewed 8 January 2016

great location not far from the interstate, behind the Walmart, there are many bars and restaurants within a few miles, enough to please any palate and price. movie theater and shopping in the same distance, the staff was friendly & helpful,I plan to stay again when I return

Room Tip: room on northside of Bldg B have view of lake
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank m w

Reviewed 7 November 2015

The property is close to the Interstate and conveniently located at the back of a shopping area with a large grocery store and places to eat. The suite with a queen bed is just large enough with a small kitchen offers good amenities if you want to order take out and eat in the room. The breakfast was adequate but not really great. The staff was polite and helpful at check-in and check-out. Would recommend this property.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Stayed here 5 nights for exhibition.
Got upgraded into 2 bedroom for Marriott Gold.
Located nicely near shopping center, food is not a problem.
Breakfast is OK, quite an option for Asian food.
Parking is free
Will definitely consider to stay here next year

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Alexandre N
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

This hotel feels like a home away from home for us. The staff here is absolutely wonderful, and I feel so welcome every time we stay.

I rate hotels out of 5.
1 point for location, 2 for service and 2 for cleanliness. This hotel gets a solid 5! They're very close to shopping in Northville and Novi, and just off the I-275 which can give you easy access to downtown. The service is great, as the staff is super hospitable. The hotel is also very clean, and they're about to undergo major renovations to make it look even nicer!

Well done team!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank matthmoor
Reviewed 26 August 2015

My daughter and I booked this hotel to do some 'back to school' shopping as the Twelve Oaks Mall is less than a mile away. We booked this hotel as normally you are guaranteed a nice room with the Marriott name brand. Little did I realize the disappointment to come. The hotel is difficult to find if you dodn't have a GPS. The front entrance is also not easy to find and is one small door to a very small entrance. The room was not clean (mold on the ceiling/pubic hair all over the shower/fuzzies on the vent in the bathroom) (room 304).
The breakfast room was probably the smallest I've ever been in at a hotel. To top it off the power went out for 2 hours (I checked out after two hours of waiting....it could have been out for longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and therefore no breakfast was available. Garbage was all over the place in the breakfast room even though there was plenty of light coming in from windows. It reminded me of a place being 'looted.' Not sure why the garbage was left all over just because the power was out?
This was the only time I have never received a billing statement under my door during the night. The front desk was also not able to print off a statement in the morning as the power was out. Since I live in Canada I needed to show a record of stay at the border crossing which I never did receive. Thank goodness I wasn't given a hard time at the border.
I would stay next door at the Courtyard next time! Definitely not this hotel again.

Room Tip: I can't see there being any nice rooms since mine looked so dirty!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Andrew G, Manager at TownePlace Suites Detroit Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at The Novi TownePlace Suites. I will be looking into the issues mentioned, as upholding our committment to providing an outstanding guest experience is of most importance to us.

Regards,