“Not good chinese”

Asian Express Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #75 of 120 Restaurants in Okemos
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

To say it wasn't good is understatement. Restaurant was dirty. Food was inedible. I know good Chinese and that want it. I never give bad ratings but I went to bed hungry nibbling on pistachios. Having said that it did seem to have a bunch of traffic. Maybe it is because of the location. It was rated in the top 30 on trip advisor, so maybe I just ordered the wrong food but how do you screw up steamed dumplings. They did, very undone and raw. Yeah, I am not going back there, but feel free to risk it. Only your appetite will suffer. Good luck.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We ordered Chicke Lo Mein and Sweet & Sour Chicken along with Crab Rangoons. Everything was just average. No better than any hole-in-the-wall Chinese place. Portions were generous. Four people shared what we ordered.

The restaurant was very dirty. The tables were sticky, the walls all needed to be wiped down and the bathroom was disgusting. I've been in dive bars with cleaner bathrooms. If I had know how bad the bathroom was going to be, is have walked my sighted down the street to the coffee shop to use their bathroom.

The take-out business seems quite popular, but we will not be back.

Reviewed 1 April 2016

Economical, very friendly staff and lots of options - Chinese, Korean, etc. Had a hard time choosing dinner :-)

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

We stopped in after an event as we were hungry, it was getting late and we still had to drive almost an hour and a quarter.
I had the spicy beef soup from the Korean menu and we also ordered a noodle dish. Both were delicious and more than ample! Leftovers came home with us and we enjoyed them the next day. Lovely owner with adorable child.
An unassuming place but the food was worth coming back for. Don't let the location and simplicity fool you.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

Typical neighborhood Chinese take-out restaurant; however, I'm picky with Pot Stickers because most have too much garlic; however, theirs was pretty darn good, and the dipping sauce, too!