“Nice Lunch Option”

Cajun Cafe
Ranked #76 of 121 Restaurants in Okemos
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I enjoy going to Cajun Cafe for some hot food when I don't feel like cooking. The portions are large and great for the price. It's not always prime pickings of the food if you get there at an odd hour, but the fresh food is good. I always have them put bourbon sauce on my rice for added flavor. We enjoy coming here.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

We stopped here to share a Bourbon Chicken, and I have never seen chicken cut the way this chicken was cut. I was tough on the outside and grizzly inside. My husband and I shared an order and was glad we didn't get more. It used to be the best around years ago, but it is definitely not worth going to.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was in Meriden Mall and stopped in the food court for lunch. After looking over the choices, I decided on Cajun Café. It is a mix of Chinese and Cajun. The blackened chicken is Cajun, but honey glazed chicken is more Chinese. There are about 10 choices of entrees. Served with either rice or Cajun noodles. Had the honey chicken and noodles. It was very nice. Portions size was good. Prices were very reasonable at $4.99. The noodles had a very good taste. Most noodles have very little. Would eat here again.

1  Thank Chipperhigh2
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

I was not impressed at all. Had a hankering for some cajun food, but this was more Chinese. Good price, but nothing cajun at all! People there spoke very little english. Hard to understand!

1  Thank FowlervilleBill
Reviewed 29 January 2012

To me, this mall food court staple seems more Chinese than Cajun, but I gotta admit, I love their bourbon chicken. Price isn't too steep, $4.99 plus tax will get you your choice of fried rice or cajun noodles plus an entree.(add a dollar for each additional entree). If you're a first timer, stick with the bourbon chicken. If it passes muster with you, then maybe branch onto some of their other options like blackened chicken or beef and onion. I don't have any nutritional info available, but I'm sure it's fattening.