US$80
US$41
Priceline
Acorn Motel(Williamston)
US$66
All reviewsbusiness suiterestaurant inside the hoteltanglewood restaurantpool roomroom was largewould stay here againfree breakfastcomfortable roomsfront desk staffbreakfast barpolar express train
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I had a pleasant stay. No problems, issues or complaints here! It was quite the experience. Loved the room. The room was super clean and cozy. I was super comfortable and impressed. I will definitely stay here again in the future. Travis at the front desk was absolutely one of the most personable individuals I've ever met. He was helpful and easy to talk to. He gave me a few laughs and great customer service.

Room Tip: If you're looking for peace and quiet, be sure to ask if they're hosting event during your stay to avoid noise, people, etc
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Had a bad experience with front desk clerk at check in, and even worse, at check-out. I was trying to pay for two rooms, one for my husband and I, and one for my children, who had arrived before I did. I knew they would have to give a credit card for 'incidentals' when they arrived; I had called prior to their arrival to make sure I could switch their room to my card when I arrived. I was assured by the person on the phone that I could do that. When I got there, the clerk didn't understand how to do that, I had to explain to her to swipe my card for both rooms. She finally swiped mine, and agreed that my card would override my daughter's. At check-out, the same clerk was there. I told her I was checking out of both rooms, and to make sure both rooms were on my card, she said she definitely would. Well, she charged my kid's room to the wrong credit card, which she was told multiple times not to do. She obviously never changed the card at check-in. She then proceeded to guarantee she would fix the issue. She kept charging, then cancelling charges for my room. She kept 'forgetting' I was paying for another room also. After the FIFTH swipe, my credit card company thought it was fraud, and wouldn't run the card anymore. We left, with five receipts for one room, and the second room still on my kid's card. Two days later, Sam, whom I assume is the manager, called me, looking for PAYMENT. I told him when all the 'pending' charges came off my card, I would make sure he got paid. Pending charges did come off one of the cards, and here we are, almost four weeks later, and I still have two pending charges on the other card!...but good thing for Sam, he got the payments he was looking for!!! My credit card company cannot dispute a pending charge, they need an authorization code from the hotel to remove charges, but every time I call, which I have been doing for the past week, Sam us nowhere to be found, and doesn't return calls. After reading other reviews, am realizing this is a very sketchy hotel. Be extremely careful with your transactions. On the upside, rooms were clean, and comfortable. Restaurant was extremely good also!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank bmbro2017
Reviewed 16 October 2017

So I want to like this hotel. Let's start with the room. Okay, the room was very nice. Clean beds, soft pillows. Perfectly fine. The bathroom was odd. The toilet had a large rust stain or some stain at the bottom and I kept thinking, can't they get rid of that, or replace it?

The restaurant/bar was top notch. I had a lettuce salad with grilled chicken and it was way more than delicious. Staff was very friendly and efficient.

The next morning, I went down for breakfast and the coffee machine was broken. I looked at the eggs and potatoes being offered and the eggs looked like they were just re-hydrated and the potatoes looked a day or two old. You could watch people open the lid, look at that food, and just close it. Many opted for a bagel. That would be okay, but the left side of the toaster was not working well and would burn whatever you put into it. The right side worked fine.

At check-out, I mentioned that I had AAA, which I had forgotten to say when I checked in. Could I still get the discount. Well, no. The guy behind the desk tried to be accommodating, but he couldn't get the computer program to accept the discount, so I never got it. I was so frustrated that that point, I just shrugged and left.

Would I go back? Probably. I'm sure they can fix the coffee and replace the toilet, and someone can figure out their computer program.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

At check-in I disputed price i was charged vs price quoted. Manager, Sam Hamdan, said that it was impossible.I tried to open email to show proof but was unable to open. I said I would show him later. I was able to open email later that night and showed it to the clerk on dutyat 8 am who said that he could not adjust the rate even though I had a valid confirmation.
He said that he would tell the manager when he got in. The manager did arrive later that morning but refused to speak to me. The clerk said that he still was not authorized to change my bill. Sam Hamdan changed my bill at check in because I presented ID and he thought I did not have a confirmed price. By the next morning when his employee checked his computer for my confirm it had been deleted.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank James B
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I stay at this hotel once or twice a year. This year I was staying with friends for a class reunion. The reservation was made by one of my friends and I was the one to check in first. Upon arriving I was told we didn't have a reservation. But yet our name kept coming up in their system. Finally, we learned that our reservations had been booked for September 2018 even though we made it for September 2017. They had us staying in a block of rooms for a wedding even though we told them it was for a class reunion. My friend didn't receive a confirmation so she called back a day later. Our error was not noting 2018 on the confirmation. The hotel had rooms available, but not the type we reserved. We booked 2 rooms as there were 4 of us. Our room rate was $85 per room. The manager basically told me it our our fault because we didn't catch their error. He was disrespectful and his customer service is non existent. Finally, after much back and forth he rented us a room with a king bed and we had 2 roll away beds brought in. He gave us $50 off the normal $209 that room rents for. He knew we didn't have a choice since I had arrived in town with no where to stay. It seemed he was more concerned with getting rooms rented for as much as he could rent them for than satisfying a customer.

When we checked out the next morning, my friend that made the reservations expressed her disappointment with how he handled the situation as she could hear my conversation with him since I had her on the phone. He acted like he didn't know what she was talking about. He didn't "recognize" me even though we had this 30 minute interaction just the day before. I guess if he doesn't recognize me then this event never happened??

At the class reunion later that evening as the four of us retold the story, we learned a lot of people are unhappy with this property now. This wasn't the first time the people living in the Owoss/Corunna area have heard negative things about the current manager.

That is unfortunate as it used to be a nice place to stay. (In need of an update though) I will take my business elsewhere as I've already got reservations for my trip next year at a different hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends