“Lunch”

Walt and Marie's Country Cafe
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Paw Paw
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: Family owned and operated. Food made from scratch with ingredients you can pronounce. Organic and Gluten free options. We bake all our breads and buns and also fresh made bakery items daily. The grocery stores is packed full of one of a kind salsas, jams, dressings bulk items and more. We also carry a full line of liquor and lottery.
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Also as a bonus, there is a nice little shop attached with great jam!

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for lunch & was greeted & served by Sharon with a huge smile! ALL of their food is homemade. The special yesterday was their club sandwich and side for only $6.00! What a treat! It was huge on sourdough bread and I chose the side salad that was with fresh mixed greens (no iceberg lettuce there!) fresh cut up veggies & a fabulous balsamic vinaigrette that is also homemade. Yummy! My husband had the gyro and loved it. Sharon brought out a sample of their beef tortilla soup to try. Very good with a kick. Nice gesture on her part. We will definitely be back! Worth the drive from Battle Creek!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

This place is precisely 2 miles from I-94. Good, home cooked food. The chili is good. Pita chips are homemade. Definitely better than fast food! Also there is an adjacent store with literally anything you could think of to buy, including lots of old-timey candy.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Found this place on TripAdviser as we were driving from Detroit to Chicago and looking for something other than a chain restaurant for brunch. It is just a mile or two off the x-way and on Sunday at 1pm we did not have to wait for a table. Just a few choices for breakfast and lunch. I had the potato/sausage/egg wrap, which was fine. I had ordered it with sausage gravy, but they were out. My husband had the gyro omelet, which was also fine. The Omelet was listed as the daily special for $9 but for some reason we were charged $11. (Tourist tax??) Would not go back. Also, for some reason, the cashier at the little shop in front was practically hostile when I purchased some jam. Not sure what the deal is - being across from the flea market you would think they get an occasional out-of-towner.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We just finished at Reits flea Market and were hungry so we just went right over the street to this very nice restaurant. The food was VERY GOOD I had the Club Sandwich and it was very good with the fresh cut french fries. My husband had the Chicken Salad sandwich and it looked very good. The pizzas coming out looked very good also. They also have hard ice cream & a little general store as you walk in. VERY GOOD EATING!!

1  Thank Shelly F