Hankerd Inn Bed and Breakfast
US$97
US$93
HIExpress.com
Very Good 4/5
All reviewshome away from homeretreatjoecraftingcrafters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We just finished a Christmas Family Gathering!!!! What can I say!! We filled the Inn, the cottage and the barn! Jan and Joe were so wonderful and accomodating to all of us! Everyone wanted to stay another day and we talk of our experience almost daily. It was so perfect especially for our parents who are in their 80's. They could get around so easily and we all felt like we were in someone's home. We are looking forward to doing this again and again! If you are looking for a place for a reunion or family get togethers this is the most EXCELLENT place to have it! Jan has also added and great craft studio in which you can make and take the item that very day...this studio and boutique is a must see!!! Again Jan and Joe thanks a MiLLION!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stayed recently for my husband's birthday...Jan was incredibly welcoming, and the breakfasts were wonderful! She upgraded our room at no extra charge, was knowledgeable about the history of the house and original family, answered questions, gave us a tour, and made us feel entirely comfortable as we chatted in her kitchen.

We're fairly experienced with B&Bs, and have been surprised that the last few we've stayed in have offered only a cold, continental-style breakfast, barely a step above the frozen pastries offered at the Motel 8. Jan's breakfasts were hot, hearty, and DELICIOUS.

Thank you for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2elliotts
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My wife and I have stayed here at least once a year for the last 12 years and have always thoroughly loved it. We frequently stay in the cottage, but this year also stayed in one of the rooms in the original inn. Both Cottage, Inn and "the Barn" are beautifully decorated. The new kitchen in the Inn is awesome and the improved wireless coverage was also a plus. The setting is very peaceful and we can't say enough about how welcoming and helpful the hostess is. She has done anything in her power to make our stays exceptional and her energy in managing the property has always amazed us (and put us to shame). Each year we find some new improvements to Hankerd Inn. The relaxed, natural setting and fresh air are such a nice break and we always look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank westsailor
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My quilting group has been going to the Hankerd in Oct for more years than I can remember. We just enjoyed a fabulous weekend again! And this time we booked for a midweek stay in march because we cannot imagine waiting another whole year to be there again. Excellent food, beautiful accomodations, a gracious hostess and more inspiration than I can handle!!! I get my cuddly doggie fix from Bella, my quilting fix and my friend fix - all for a very reasonable price!
Bugs and bees and wasps - not sure where that writer lives - but must not be in MI. Oh well - that is normal this time of year.
I sure would never let that deter me from being there.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shirley W
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I have been to the Hankerd Inn many many times. I come with three diffrerent quilting groups.
We always have a wonderful time with beautiful rooms and homeade food.

I highly recommend it to everyone. My husband recently found out it is on the golf course, and wants to now if he can come. What quilter wants her husband to see the amount spent at the local quilting stores? And there many stores within a 30 - 60 minute drive.

I have read about the bugs - having experience with box elder bugs before - when your neighbor is infested there is little you can do until the season is over. They won't hurt you they are just a pain in the butt.

Keep an open mind and find out how beautiful The Hankerd Inn area it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends