“We love Barrio but....”

Barrio Cocina y Tequileria
Ranked #14 of 153 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

We tried to get in last Friday. There was 30 minute wait. I gave my cell phone for text notification and never heard a thing. Thankfully we decided to try somewhere else. This is disappointing. We usually like it here and have good meals and good service.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I’m not one to go to a Mexican restaurant but Barrio has some pretty amazing food. You can taste the freshness and the prices are decent. The wait was about an hour but I understood once I got my meal.

I would recommend this restaurant that lives in the area or wants authentic Mexican.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

This small place in Plymouth MI serves street tacos that are pretty darn authentic. The tacos al pastor deserve a special mention: quite spicy, with a pineapple salsa and should not be missed. The skirt steak tacos also excellent. Fried avocado tacos did not disappoint at all. Ceviche starter was generously sized and very good, with small scallops and shrimp. We did not have any drinks, but tequila is a specialty here. Often has a wait: try to go early for lunch if possible (they open at 11:30), or you may have to wait a bit.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

My husband and I stopped in for lunch. I've read the reviews before about the long waits, so I've been reluctant to go. For lunch on a Friday, we did not experience any wait. We were seated immediately and had friendly, efficient service. We ordered two entradas to share - - shrimp ceviche and skillet nachos. Both dishes were well made with fresh ingredients and both were very good. I'd go back, though I'm not sure I'd wait an hour or more to be seated.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

This is a very good Mexican restaurant in the heart of downtown Plymouth. There is a small outdoor seating area, a good size bar, and an upstairs section to the restaurant. We came on a Monday night and surprisingly had to want 15 minutes for a table. The food was made fast and fresh. For appetizer, I ordered the corn. It was good though on the small side. For main entree, I had the chicken soft tacos. The three tacos were excellent and tasted much better than the standard casual Mexican restaurant.