“Average at best ”

Bode's Corn Beef House
Ranked #103 of 147 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I have to say i was disappointed to say the least. I arrived at about 5:30pm and should have known by the amount of vehicles in the parking lot. (1)
I went in and found a seat at the counter. I was greated and given a menu. I looked it over and decided on a french dip sandwich. I was politely told they were out of roast beef. So I ordered a ruben with fries and coleslaw. Now the food was good and all but it just didn't seem like it was worth the $14.+
For a ruben fries a very small plastic cup of coleslaw that was room temp. And a pop. The waitress was nice and all. The place was dirty and run down. I only seen a couple of kids working and they defently had time to clean. The whole time i was there only 3 other ladys came in.
So overall food ok service good atmosphere was bad.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

An island of authenticity in the sea of trendy eateries and hipster watering holes that have inundated Plymouth over the last few years, Bode's is a survivor, a real-deal, no-nonsense, hole-in-the-wall diner. The place really doesn't seem to have changed much in 50+ years, with small booths, counter stools, and a menu marked by huge corned beef sandwiches, decent breakfasts, and tasty burgers. About the only concession to the 21st century is the flat screen TV on the wall. Absolutely nothing fancy, but that's as it should be for a place like this.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I got the corned beef club and it was fantastic! The corned beef was not salty at all and I like the fact how thin the beef is sliced. The sandwiches are served with homemade chips and a side of pickle. The prices are reasonable and from my experience well worth it. Check it out!

1  Thank DALANIERMICHIGAN
Reviewed 9 December 2016

Bode's has been here forever. Yeah, it shows a little inside but the meals are great for corned beef lovers. There are some other options available but this is about the corned beef first and foremost. I wouldn't call it the best corned beef I've ever had but it's tasty enough. The location alongside the railroad tracks is fun for kids and gives reflection of a bygone era.

1  Thank Mihol57
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Have been a customer for five plus years and am disappointed to report having a crummy experience. Both orders of corned beef were cold and despite the low customer count (3 or 4 other tables) service was both slow and surly.