“Clean, Efficient and Friendly!”

Hampton Inn Port Huron
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 August 2017

This Hampton Inn does not disappoint. Everything that a reasonable person would expect from a Hampton Inn are met and then some. The front desk Manager (can't remember her name) checked us in late one afternoon and was at the desk to check us out the next morning. She was so friendly and efficient!f The breakfast was very good and the staff stocking the area was also very personable. My only suggestion is to skip the hot eggs (the pre-cooked omelette looked so "fake"). On the other hand, the hard boiled eggs were a nice substitute. Love the warm biscuits and we'll be back!

Room Tip: Upper Floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jeri M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you so much for picking the Hampton Inn for your stay. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and our staff. We pride ourselves on customer service and I am glad that Carol and Rita met those expectations for you. We do look forward to your next stay with us in Port Huron.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This hotel was close to many attractions like a campground down the street, boat tours and a few shops close by and good restaurants like the Cracker Barrel. I would have appreciated a little more peace as I was alone with my husband and this hotel had a lot of families with children here. Otherwise very nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeri M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed what the area has to offer, it is such a beautiful town with so many different attractions to see. Next time you stay with us just give us a little heads up on what you are looking for in your stay and we will do the most to make that happen (for instance an upper level room quiet away from kids if possible.) Special requests are our specialty and we always want every guest to enjoy their experience. Again thank you for the kind words and we will see you on your next trip.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We were very satisfied and comfortable on this and all previous stays at this location. We would stay here again, it meets our needs for closeness to our family and the amenities of the town. They have all the information available for attractions in the surrounding areas and are knowledgeable of the area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. It is reviews like yours that myself and my staff strive for each and every day. We look forward to you getting the opportunity to come and visit us again the future. Thank you

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We booked a king room with a jacuzzi tub and when we arrived we found that they gave us a double bed. When we brought this to the guest servieces attention they told us that it was because we booked through a third party website (Expedia) and that when you book and pay through these sites it's not a gaurentee that you get that specific room and rather you get what's available.. she told my girl friend this in a rude and condescending matter and that if we don't want to face this issue again we should call the hotel directly. Very unimpressed with the situation and other notable mentions would be below average comfort of the beds, no blinds for the windows and very complicated wifi system that works poorly when connected. The breakfast wasn't bad and the only enjoyable thing about or experience as we had to catch a train at 630 am and it was ready for when we left.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us and I do apologize if my staff came off rude as that is not the typical behavior of my staff nor is it acceptable. I do educate my staff to educate guests on the pros and the cons of booking 3rd party versus directly to the property. Your room type is not guaranteed and you loose some of the amenities that booking directly to the property gives you like the 100% guarantee if you were unhappy with your stay. However, it is not acceptable to make the guest feel that they made a mistake when the just weren't aware. I will be sure to address my staff so they get the understanding of educating over being condescending. I also see that you said that you booked for a whirlpool room that we have had removed from the property, if you by chance remember which site gave you that option and could let me know so I can get that removed I would be very grateful. Again, I am so sorry for your treatment and I do hope that you in the future may consider booking and staying with us again. Thank you

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Spent one night here and was really happy with everything. The desk staff was super nice and friendly. The hotel was clean both in our room and in the public areas we visited including the hallways, pool area and breakfast area. They offered a nice spread for breakfast with a lot of things to choose from. The price was really reasonable and it was very close to the bridge to Canada which we visited while here. I will visit here for sure the next time I am in the area and need somewhere to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor in the middle of the hallway and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I absolutely love being on the border just for guests like you. It seems to be a good stopping point after a long day of travel. I am happy that this was the case for you and that you were able to enjoy what our hotel has to offer. We do look forward to your next visit to the area and the Hampton Inn.