“Just passing through”

Hampton Inn Port Huron
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Port Huron
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Just passing through on our way through Canada the next day to Niagara Falls. Room was clean but the tub through me for a loop. It looked to me like some one had tossed their cookies in the tub. I called the front desk and they came up to clean it. Turns out it was just a large stain, maybe a rust stain, but it sure looked like something else. We used the tub with no other problems. Staff was friendly and courteous. Food was standard Hampton breakfast. We would stay again.

Room Tip: top floor was quiet
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeri M, Manager at Hampton Inn Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you so much for your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for the confusion with your rooms. I am unsure of what the rust colored spots are on the bottom of the tub even after have them all resurfaced it just comes back. The first time I saw it I thought the very same thing, however I am glad that is just what it was, as it would be very embarrassing and unsanitary to check someone into a room in that condition. We do look forward to your next visit to Port Huron and thank you again.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Usually stayed at another hotel during visits to Port Huron. I will however be making this my go to hotel for future stays. Manager and staff were awesome, helpful and friendly. The facility and room was clean and breakfast provided was great.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jeri M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so happy that we were able to accommodate you during your stay with us and we are happy that you will being returning to see us in your next travel to the area. We do so look forward to seeing any return guest and hope that every Hampton experience you have is just like this one! Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

The hotel is located just off of I-94 highway, making it convenient for travelers looking for a quick entrance and exit back on the road.

Pros
The room was clean, at the standard of a typical Hampton Inn. The breakfast was hot and kept full so that diners have no worries of waiting. The location places it in reasonable distance to a variety of restaurants within 5-10 minutes of driving. Starbucks is inside that 10 minute window ;) The staff are polite when spoken too. If you are looking for a bed to sleep in, a filling breakfast, and quick entrance to the highway, this hotel is as good as most options in the area.

Con
As a Hilton diamond member I stay in a lot of hotels. You have to in order to reach Diamond status. All the properties offer Gold and Diamond members a complementary room upgrade "if" the room is available. That might seem a small thing, but when you travel as much as I do, it's a nice benefit, as in the case of Hampton Inns it means a larger room, a suite, which does not feel like the walls are closing in on you.

On my arrival to this hotel close to midnight, I checked in, and asked about an available room upgrade. I knew there was one as I had it showing on my Hilton app as available for purchase. The attendant at first said there was no room. I shared what Hilton site said. She checked again, and determined that the room was available. Let me say here, that the attendant was polite, professional, and tried her best. She tried to check me in, but could not figure out how. This sometimes happens. In each of the other times at other Hampton Inn properties, the manager gets involved and the problem is solved. In this case, the manager on duty was at home. The attendant did call the manager, explained the problem, received directions on the phone to address the problem. The problem remained. I was patient during this process. Unfortunately, the manager's next move was to say that the room was not available. The attendant had seen that it was. I had it on my app. But suddenly, the app showed the room not available. Someone, according to the manager, through the attendant, had just rented the room. Remember that it's almost midnight now, and they had been working on giving me the room, so how the system released it to someone else is a mystery.

I was given my original room. The manager during the next 2 days, never reached out to me, never apologized.

This hotel is a place that you might stay and be satisfied. I've discovered several other hotels in the area that provide competitive pricing, comfort, and better service to its clients. I encourage you to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Jeri M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Port Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I do want to apologize that I was not on the property at midnight to assist you with your accommodations. Also for not contacting you during your stay as I was not made aware that you were unhappy, I will be sure to speak to the desk clerk that checked you in so that we can reach out to guests if need be. I also would like to apologize for your not getting the upgraded room that you were requesting. In March we renovated our hotel and we have made all of our room standard rooms, we do have a room that is slightly bigger due to previously having a Jacuzzi removed from that room. I apologize that this was not available or was sold during your reservations, unfortunately as crazy as it may sound a third party reservation can come into our system and book a room that we may be in the process of booking. I know that this does not make up for the experience you had. Again, I do want to apologize that you didn't get the accommodations that you were looking for at our property. I do hope you take the opportunity to stay with us again in your travels.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The location was central to the places I was visiting. Staff was professional & courteous. Would stay here again. Rooms were clean & kept up. The parking was convient to rooms. Breakfast was very good, excellent coffee. Great place to stay while in Port HUron.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and that you got the warm welcome from our staff that every guest should receive. We do look forward to your next opportunity to come visit us in the area. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

A one night stay to do some cross border shopping. Nice,clean room. Excellent pool for little kids. Great free breakfast. Overall a good place at a reasonable rate. Staff very welcoming. Would recommend

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do look forward to your next opportunity to come and visit us again. Thank you