Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Courtyard
PricelineUS$131
Hotels.comUS$131
FindHotelUS$131
Orbitz.comUS$131
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2020 via mobile

Checked into suite and it looked like it hadn't been dusted in weeks or vacuumed at all. Dirt on the window sills and dried liquid of some kind on the windows. My wife and I wiped everything down with disinfectant wipes that we could think of. When I informed the lady at the front desk how dirty the room was when we checked in she apologized and said she would apply a discount on the room. The room was never discounted when we checked out. I know because of Covid that staff has been cut and rooms aren't cleaned until after checkout but the sign at the front desk (which I posted) says they are deep cleaning them before checkins. Our room was obviously not deep cleaned. I was waiting for the email survey which never came which is why this review is late. Also, pool was closed, no breakfast provided because of pandemic. Should be discounted pricing. I hope things have gotten better. The hotel next door is much better.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2020

Stayed here for a business trip and was not impressed. I felt the hotel was grossly over priced for what it offered. No restaurant, no breakfast, poor bar, poor sitting area. Bathroom needed updating. A Premier Inn in the UK was a better standard and for a fraction of the cost. The only plus side was that my company covered the bill.

An average hotel at premium rate.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CourtyardSupervisor, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Kalamazoo Portage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Kalamazoo Portage and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We have shared your feedback to the appropriate team.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Portage.

Joshua Hernandez
Front Desk Supervisor
Courtyard Marriott Kalamazoo/Portage
josh.hernandez@marriott.com
269-382-5808

Reviewed 19 December 2019

I tried to contact management about an incident at their on site overpriced eatery in which several white patrons were treated like garbage by the attendant and told “hold on, I’m busy,” while they patiently waited. Then when an African American gentleman was waiting, he was greeted with “good morning, sir. How may I help you”. So clearly, the worker knows hospitality but only shares it with certain skin colors. Aside from a wobbly tread mill, small dark cluttered rooms, and internet that falls off, I refuse to be punished for my race. When management finally responded, after repeated complaints by me, they said it was a “learning opportunity” for the employee. Well, school’s out. I’ll stay elsewhere, thank you.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
CourtyardSupervisor, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Kalamazoo Portage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2019

Greetings ericsM1408QD,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey regarding your most recent experience at the Courtyard Marriott Kalamazoo Portage! I apologize you experienced racism at our location. We value every person that comes in to our doors and I am sorry to hear you were not treated as such. We will look in to this matter and make sure every employee will treat every guest with the same greetings and feel they are not being discriminated. This is the first time our hotel has experienced this type of issue and we want to make sure this never happens again.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions you have.
Thank you!

Joshua H.
Front Desk Supervisor
269.382.5808

Reviewed 24 November 2019 via mobile

First, the good: our room was absolutely silent, completely pitch black, the bed was very comfortable, everything was very clean and updated, the view from the window was lovely, the staff was super friendly and helpful, the shower had great water pressure and temperature control--really I loved it, except for one thing: there was a vent right above the head of the bed that blew a cold draft over us all night. It was not the heater vent; that came from a different area. I am not sure why this vent was there, but if you get hot when you are sleeping, you would probably like it. It made me really cold and uncomfortable. It would be very helpful if you were given an option to close it.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mercurybabe
Reviewed 22 July 2019

I have a family of five (kids age 5, 9, 13). When the neighboring hotel we originally checked into wasn't up to snuff, we walked in here asking about rooms. The manager overheard and was so accommodating to us. We booked two adjoining rooms for 4 nights on the spot. We loved the rooms. The breakfast was very good. The pool a bit small, but clean. The facilities are in excellent condition. This hotel literally saved our vacation to Portage. Thank you!

Room tip: Don't pick first floor because you can hear loud conversations from lobby.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
StaceeG9, General Manager at Courtyard Kalamazoo Portage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2019

Greetings GinterParkV,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your most recent family vacation to Portage!

I am so thrilled we were able to host you and impress you at the Courtyard Marriott Kalamazoo with the connecting rooms for the family along with breakfast in our Bistro. It was wonderful getting to know you and your family during your stay, and we do hope to have the opportunity to impress you again in the future!

If you every have any questions or need special accommodations again, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly or one of our helpful front desk agents.

Thank you again and happy travels!

Stacee G.