“Repeat visits”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Next door to our hotel, made for easy walk for old and drink!
If nice weather, would suggest eating outside patio. Inside is lined with tvs turned to sports stations, loud music playing, which means if you want to visit, hard to do!

They have an extensive menu, one of the best apricot, salmon salads ever, great drinks, friendly staff, just wish it was less noisy inside!

On Sunday they serve large buffet for about fifteen dollars a person. Everything from sweet crepes to savory crepes, all kinds of toppings. Waffles, pancakes, made to order omelettes, salads, fruits, pasta dish, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, then chicken Dish, and a great salmon dish. Pastries also!
They make perfect Bloody Mary, only hot and spices if you order it that way!
Regular menu has great sliders, tacos, variety of items, all delicious!
Highly recommend trying it!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Restaurant was recommended by my hotel. Arrived at 4:45pm was seated immediately, the restaurant was quite empty. Waitress took my drink and food order. Salad, entree, drink and bill arrived at 5pm. Asked the waitress if this was normal procedure to bring the bill with the food, she gave me dirty look and walked away. She asked me where was her tip, I responded you need to work for it.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

If you are in the Rochester Hills area, I highly recommend you visit the Grand Tavern. My daughters hockey team spent 6 days in the Rochester Hills area for a hockey tournament. We visited this establishment several times since it was located directly next to our hotel. I can't think of one bad thing to say.. Food was fantastic, huge portions, great prices. Staff was amazing, friendly, helpful, always smiling. On Sat night the whole team of 19 girls, coaches, and some of the parents went here to eat at 5:30. It was very busy, but they made it work, all the meals came out in a timely manner and everything was right. Manager was super accommodating, and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. They have a wonderful brunch on Sat and Sun mornings. Can't say enough about these fine people. You should all be proud. If we are ever in the area again, we won't stay at the hotel next door, but we will definitely come to the Grand Tavern.... The $6.00 buckets were a HUGE HIT!!!!

1  Thank 434traceyb
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Eaten her 5 times, parties of 4, 6 and 8. Great service, good food, large portions reasonable pricing. Many specials, weekend brunch buffet. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Ancientgrape
Reviewed 8 April 2017

I'm really surprised by the slew of 5-star reviews. This place needs to step up its game on both service and food. We had a larger group of 9 for drinks and dinner-- shouldn't be a big problem, right? Well, we must have had 3 different servers, missed silverware and water, missed up orders when they came to the table and other miscues. Appetizers were good, but I'm rating queso dip and chicken tenders. My dish sounded great, Salmon Bruschetta, but had way too much bread in large pieces. Certainly no rave reviews for anything at our table, so just OK.
Saw the stone cooking, but no one got it at our table. Might have been great, but seems a little out of place for a sports bar.
You might hit a group involved in a trivia game with someone announcing questions and answers over a microphone.
Bottom line, a disappointment. On the other hand, seems to be a lot of people who absolutely love it -- not my experience.