“Birthday dinner”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Our extended family met here for my sister in law's birthday. While the establishment is small and crowded, they were able to seat 10 of us right away...which was pretty shocking, considering how busy it was. The bread was very good, a little oily but the poppy seeds gave it a good flavor. Everyone ordered different soups and salads for starters, they were all great. I ordered the honey pecan whitefish and it was outstanding. My wife and daughter split the Marsala fillet and really enjoyed it. My son had the personal pizza (4 slices) and said it was very good. Others ordered the perch and the pan seared seafood, etc...everyone said their dinners were great. For desert, cherry cobbler, cream puffs, and ultimate waffles all were excellent. Great food!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We've been going to Kruse & Muer for years and are always pleased with our experience! Whether you're eating a nice steak or enjoying pizza, all of the dishes are great! My only negative comment is that it was SO loud during our visit, we could barely carry on a conversation. That said, we will continue to visit for years to come!

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Even with reservations we had a little bit of a wait. Well worth it. The waitress chose the wine, a white chardonnay of some sort, which was an excellent selection. I had grilled salmon which was cooked to Perfection and the vegetables were so yummy. My dinner partner had crab cakes and a salad which he said were both delicious. And the bread? Ah yes, it is everything everyone says it is. Waitress also attentive and efficient. Manager stopped by to chat. We dined in the front room and got a beautiful view of the Rochester Christmas lights.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

Christmas. Lunch with friends. Great service, , great company and as usual tasty food. Our waiter was very friendly, patient and efficient.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

This is one of my go-to places for business lunches and family dinners. Actually, who am I kidding? I always enjoy happy hour and dinner/drinks with the girls here too! The food is great and the service is very friendly.

When my girlfriends and I have ladies night at our homes and invite each other over, we always order their amazing salads and the aaaaamazing "Kruse & Muer" bread for our guests! So yes, they do have take out and the take out food is just as good as if you stayed in house.

Please be careful expecting to get a table by walking in on a Friday night at 7:00. Walk-ins are welcome but sometimes wait times are 1 1/2 to 2 hours if you do not have a reservation. My advice? Make reservations in advance. Parking can be tricky on a weekend night too but the two new parking structures in town make it much easier!

Shannon Lazovski