“Food and beer were good”

Rochester Mills Beer Company
Ranked #6 of 93 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

The four of us enjoyed our meals. Our waiter Alex provided very good service. The beer was good really enjoyed the 2 IPAs that I had. The veggie wrap was tasty and fresh but as the photo shows there was to much of the (bread or wrap) The brewery was Nice and clean inside.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

They brew their own craft brews.
Their kitchen is awesome as well.
For Rochester, there is actually good value for money.
Happy hour prices are extraordinarily reasonable.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This is a real fun place. Great service staff. Lots of great choices are on the menu (awesome clam chowder). Their beer is fabulous.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Cold December nights require some comfort food! My family had a excellent server who promptly brought Mac and cheese, goulash, and jambalaya to our table ! It was 1hr and 30 minutes wait for a table, so we walked around downtown Rochester and enjoyed the lights! Great staycation evening!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Headed here for New Year's Eve as we also took in Rochester's amazing winter light show.

Had a few problems getting a table. Phoned in the morning and was told there were not taking reservations, but that we could phone closer to our desired time and get a wait time. So I did. Then I was told No, you have to come and wait. So, we went.

I dropped my wife off, parked, and went in. She told me they said it was a 35 to 40 minute wait. I looked around to see numerous empty tables. So, I went up. No, I had tried to make a reservation but was told I couldn't. I'd phoned to get on the list and was told I couldn't. I showed up and was told there was up to a 40 minute wait yet there were lots of empty tables? They managed to find us a very nice table within 2 minutes. I know NYE can be problematic for establishments but get it together folks - MANAGEMENT.

Our server was great. He really worked hard to suggest beer samples for both my wife and I. And there was a nice variety of Pilseners and Alex, from wheat beers to Porters to light lagers to a red velvet chocolate sample that tasted just like the cake.

Louisiana Jumbalaya was quite good. Needed a little more hot sauce but was packed with sausage and chicken in a rich tomato sauce. Liked the accompanying garlic cheese flatbread but it needed a side plate.

My wife's cod and chips was ample. Cod was very tender with a light, crispy batter. Chips were a little thin but were very crispy and nicely flavoured.

It is a large setting with an area for a band. It was nice because the music did not overpower where we were seated.

There were also 5 pool tables down the centre of the large area. A lot of fun could be had here.

So, outside of the booking issue, this place gets a thumbs up.

1  Thank Paul S