“Great breakfast, specials”

Red Olive Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 95 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 November 2015

We go here almost every weekend for breakfast, but they have a huge selection as well for lunch/dinner. They have good specials priced really good and we get coupons in the mail. Service is not bad, many high school/college kids, but we don't go there to be pampered.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

We had breakfast here this morning because omelets are $4.99 Monday through Saturday until 11:00 am. Sunday hours are shorter, but I am not sure what they are.

For $4.99 you get a light three egg omelet, hash browns & toast. Not easy to mess that up, so breakfast was fine. They would have been in the $6 plus range without the deal. Probably not worth it.

Reviewed 8 September 2015 via mobile

Went to red olive with my family for lunch today. I had a Ruben, my wife had a wrap, and my daughter had a chocolate chip pancakes. My Ruben was good, nice and hot, but it could have used more sauerkraut. I also felt it was rather small considering the price. My wife enjoyed her wrap, but again we thought it was rather small given the price. I did think my daughters pancake was appropriately size for her though. The food was decent but nothing fancy and portion sizes seemed a bit small. The waitress was extremely nice and a highlight of the visit. She was quick, attentive, and very friendly. She was a pleasure to talk to and interact with.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Made it to town early for a dr. appt, so chose this restaurant for its easy access to the medical center, and past positive experience with another Red Olive in a different location. Situated in a strip mall with other restaurants, there was plenty of parking for this chain restaurant. We were greeted and seated quickly. Service was friendly and attentive. My ice tea was replenished in a timely fashion. I ordered the veggie sampler. . .hummus, tzatziki, four veggie-filled grape leaves served hot, a yogurt dip, and pita wedges, which was generously portioned and flavorful. My colleague chose the pork belly sandwich, which, in addition to a burger with pork belly in it, had bacon and a fried egg on it. He chose cole slaw instead of the fries, which was creamy and generously portioned, as well. Unfortunately, as tasty as the sandwich sounds, it was pretty bland, and my friend add to add some of my hummus and tzatziki to experience any flavor. Lunch was less than $20.00. Adequate overall, but lacking pizzazz.

1  Thank 206JanF
Reviewed 12 July 2015

I went here for breakfast as I do on most Saturdays. I ordered their special with scrambled eggs and sausage. Everything came out quickly and was overcooked. I sent it back and now only the sausage was overcooked. I sent it back and the same sausage came back turned over so the undercooked side was visible. I asked to talk to the manager who turned out to be the cook. He didn't seem to think that turning over the sausage was inappropriate. He sent out another order of sausage that appeared to be undercooked. How restaurants like this can stay in business is mystifying to me. This place must have an owner who doesn't give a hoot.

1  Thank Mark B