“Old Style Burger Joint feel”

Red Knapp's Dairy Bar
Ranked #24 of 93 Restaurants in Rochester
Description: Old-school joint with diner-style counter seating, serving burgers, fries & malts since 1962.
Reviewed 18 January 2017

A Rochester landmark and fun place to have a burger and fries with a Fountain drink or Malt.
Sit up at the counter to really get the feel.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

You ask for one, yet you get enough for two!!! And, it tastes unbelievable, also it reminds me of the past days, like a step back in time

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Six of us met there for a late lunch in December. The place is tiny and every time someone opened the door we froze. Everyone ate with coats on. Regardless, the kids loved sitting on the swivel stools. A little expensive for what it is. Over $40 for two hamburgers with fries, two grilled cheeses and hot chocolate or tea for my family of 4. Hamburgers were very good and filling. The patty was almost like a loose burger which was nice. Not like a hockey puck like some coney places. We left and walked around and came back to get the milk shake. This might just be the best milk shake I have ever had. It was also HUGE! We only ordered one and they split it into two glasses for my two kids while I had what was left in the silver mixing cup. A delicious must try!

Reviewed 14 December 2016

Old fashioned malts (make sure to ask for extra malt) (they even give you the silver malt container with the left over malt) now THAT's nostalgia. Then get the Knapp's hamburger of cheeseburger .. BIG .. GOOD. Did I mention the AMAZING, HUGE onion rings? YUM !!!

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Very disappointed.... I visited here on a saturday evening during the light festival. The food was very average, is was rather dirty, very cold inside and the bathrooms were unclean. After spending over $45 for four people, I expected much more... I definitely do not recommend.