Open today: Closed

Reviewed 5 September 2019
Happy_Traveler1465
Royal Oak, Michigan
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

I love this place!!! One of my new favorite places in Royal Oak. My husband loves whiskey and I took him there for an event. I ordered a drink called The Ward which I would compare to a whiskey sour. It was so delicious that I ordered a second one which I rarely do. My husband, who is super picky about whiskey, ordered an Old Fashioned. It was incredibly flavorful. He loved it.
They produce everything from scratch on site and you can definitely taste the care that goes into every step of the process. The distillers are super knowledgeable and answered all our questions about how the whiskey is made.
The atmosphere is relaxed and it isn’t too loud.
Rich, the owner, and Eric, the manager, BENT OVER BACKWARDS to help me with an event booking there. Such great customer care! Highly recommended!!!

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 5 September 2019 via mobile

A real hole in the wall Jen located in downtown Royal Oak. The fact the establishment crafts its own spirits adds to the joy of having a relaxing cocktail here.

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank Happy_Traveler1465
Rich L, Owner at Motor City Gas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2019

Thank you for the review and for your support!

Reviewed 8 July 2019

Overall I liked the visit but will not likely go back. I am not a deep lover of the classic whiskeys. I like the sweeter types like honey, root beer, and salted caramel for example. I do like whiskey mix drinks and the one I did have there was very good. I just did not like the samples I had overall. Just not for me.
It would have been nice if they had some limited apps to serve with the drinks as we would have likely spent more time there instead of going to a near by place to eat after a couple of drinks.
The staff was super friendly and everything is made right there.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 18 May 2019

When travelling, we like to try different distilleries in the area. This was a great place. it is not large but people were friendly. I am not much of a whiskey drinker but the cherry bomb shooter was delicious. My husband had an old fashioned and loved it as well. The person making the whiskey (distiller?) took the time and answered some questions. We enjoyed our visit.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed 5 March 2019 via mobile

We went on a Saturday night and it was very busy in a good way! Like a lot of distilleries seating is limited so if you visit during peak hours on the weekends you’ll probably be standing. They had a pop up food station when we were there I think that is a Saturday thing only. There cocktail menu was really good we tried a few of the different drinks and enjoyed them all.

Date of experience: March 2019
Rich L, Owner at Motor City Gas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2019

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate the support!