All reviews full kitchen stove top great hotel nice stay between games anniversary weekend stayed here for two nights one bedroom suite would stay here again shopping and restaurants soccer tournament bay city staff was friendly free wifi the breakfast area indoor pool bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 10 November 2016

We stayed at this hotel during a recent visit to Frankenmuth, MI. It was a fluke how I found this hotel, but soon thought it was worth giving a try. The price was reasonable, and I liked the idea of a little more space than the normal hotel room with a kitchenette complete with a stove top, microwave, full sized fridge, and even a dishwasher.

We arrived in the early evening on Friday night and found the grounds and lobby clean and well kept. Check in went so easy and the gentleman who checked us in was very courteous and professional. We made our way to the room and was pleasantly surprised with our accommodations. The kitchenette had nice cabinets with granite counters. The sink had a garbage disposer, and the cabinets were stocked with plenty of dishes/cookware. We could have easily made a meal inside our room if we wanted.

The breakfast that was included was very nice, and most of us were able to easily find something. They had several choices of cereal, both hot and cold. They also had nice selection of muffins, bread, bagels, etc. I enjoyed the oatmeal and toast. Our one daughter was so excited to see the waffle maker. Each day I had to make one for her. They also had yogurt and fresh fruit, which our oldest enjoyed as she is the health conscious one of our group.

The only complaint I have may sound a bit silly, but I wish they would have more breakfast items to choose from that doesn't involve wheat or flour. My wife was really limited on choices because of her severe gluten sensitivity. They did have eggs and sausage each day which was about the only things she could eat.

Overall, we couldn't be happier with the accommodations. The room was clean and well maintained. We barely heard any additional noise from other guests, and the beds were so comfortable we all slept the night through and woke up totally refreshed. We all got ready for a day of fun and shopping. We have stayed at a lot of hotels, including several in the Frankenmuth area. This, by far, was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. We will most certainly stay at this hotel again, and will likely look for TownePlace Suites when looking for overnight accommodations elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Went there for a competition being held at Dow Arena. Close to the arena with lots of restaurants to choose from. Room was very nice and clean. Quiet! Breakfast was adequate. Will stay next year! Close to the hotel the other girls were staying at also.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed 31 October 2016

We were in Saginaw to see family and booked the Towneplace Suites for a couple of days. We booked the 2 bedroom suite which was perfect for our needs. The staff at this hotel seemed to enjoy their jobs and the interactions we had with them were upbeat and very helpful. Our vehicle got a flat tire the night before we were checking out and the front desk agent extended out checkout time to accomadate the extra time it took to get the repair done with nothing but a helpful attitude. Marriott properties are always nice properties, but the staff makes the real difference and this property has a really good front staff.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

I've been staying at this hotel for about a month now for business. I hadn't had really an issues until lately. The hallways consistently smell like marijuana. Last night (Sunday) around 2am there were cars in the parking lot repeatedly honking their horns and people yelling at each other. This commotion went on for about 15 mins. The floors don't seems to be well insulated because it sounds like big foot is in the room above me. I generally can brush things off until it affects my sleep, then I have an issue. I won't be staying here any longer. Disappointing for a "Marriott" property.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Alison_K_2012
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

So far so so good! Not happy with the room cleaning, especially at the kitchen area. Otherwise this is luxury to me. Will write a full review at the end of my stay which would most probably be in Jan 2017.

Trip type: Travelled on business