“Gotta Try This...”

Shahi Indian Cuisine
Ranked #16 of 299 Restaurants in Saginaw
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Tonight my son from Seattle picked the restaurant and chose Shahi. This was our first visit and my wife and I aren’t very experienced with Indian cuisine. What an amazing delightful experience. The quality and flavor of the food was incredible. We had Curried Chicken, Lamb Tikka Masala and Mixed Grill Tandori. The service staff were friendly and helpful in answering our questions and making recommendations. The Naan Bread Sampler was delicious. The pricing is very reasonable and I would recommend giving this a try, even if you’re not familiar with Indian cuisine. We’ll definitely return and will be bringing friends.

2  Thank Fred E

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I tried them when they first opened and was not impressed with the buffet.
My friend ask me to give them another chance.
The second time we were a group of 6 and the food was great, however service was not as much.
Server apologized and said they were short staffed and comped one of the meals without us even saying anything. I thought that was great customer service.
Everything was clean with linen table covers as well.
Third time food was great and it seems service has improved.
My husband is Indian so he knows what the fods should taste like and he was pleased!
They do have quite a selection.
They had large parties when we were there and plenty of room.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

The food and selection are simply amazing! Great vegetarian options and friendly staff. I'm not well versed on Indian cuisine so our patient server walked us through many of the dishes. Check their hours before you go as they do close mid day.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

This restaurant is nice. I came here with a friend for dinner. There is a lot of seating but I have never seen it crowded either time I was there. Perhaps they have more people at lunch. They make sure to listen to what spice level you want for your food and the food is authentic. The menu is quite extensive with tons on vegetarian and vegan options. The channa masala was good. The owners of the restaurant are nice, personable, and like to talk to their customers. This family-run restaurant makes great food for fair prices and if I want Indian food again and am in the area, I am likely to come back.

1  Thank Rochelle757
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I've never been here except for the lunch buffet. It's better than most Indian buffets. Most items are mild, with a few spicy but not very hot. There's chili sauce to kick it up a notch if you like. Also mint and yogurt sauces. Great cool puddings for desert( it was mango when we went). Dishes are quickly picked up and drinks refilled.