“Didn't expect to like this as much as I did”
Review of Tim's Too

Tim's Too
Ranked #30 of 104 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I went here with friends, one of whom had recommended it. We went mid-afternoon, so it wasn't busy at all. The friendly server walked the first-timers through the process and was very helpful. First you put your name on a marker to identify your bowl. Then, you walk down the line choosing the ingredients you want in your stir fry - noodles, a wide variety of vegetables and also meats. Then you add the sauce or sauces of your choice. The person helping us gave us little mini cups (probably about a teaspoon) of the sauce so we could sample it first before putting it on our bowl. Also, the sauces are numbered so you can see how spicy they are. That was helpful so that each person in our group could choose the level that fit them best. There are a few vegetarian options to substitute for the meat. Also, if you are a vegan/vegetarian, you can ask for your food to be fixed in the back on a separate grill if you don't want it on the same grill as they cook meat on. Then just hand it to the chef and he will grill your food. You can add additional ingredients such as peanuts after it is finished if you want. The bowl you put the ingredients in doesn't seem very big, but in the end, each of the people in our group agreed that it was actually more than enough. When you get your bowl, the server will ask if you want white or brown rice and bring it to your table. Also, our bowls came with a little flat bread which was really good. Although this restaurant had been recommended, I went in a bit skeptical. I had been to a similar restaurant in the past and hadn't been overly impressed, so I thought it would be ok, but I wasn't expecting that I would find the food so great. Even though I was really full by the end, I was still wanting more because it was so tasty. I would definitely want to go here again, the only drawback would be the price, but a visit once or twice a year as a treat will be in my future plans.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Pick your favorite stir fry ingredients, meats and vegetables, pick your sauce from a variety. Do add the shrimp option and the flat bread at the end of the line. Mongolian grilled and brought to your table with your choice of white or brown rice.

Thank Marilyn S. R
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Went here on the recommendation of a friend and actually ran into a different friend in this nice cozy restaurant not a lot of seating but it was clean in a nice comfortable place to have lunch the waitress was extremely helpful seeing as I've never been to this location before you actually put together your lunch you pick out your vegetables and put them in a bowl and your sauces and your spices and the meats you want and take them over and they have a large round flat iron grill the chef Cooks up your meal for you and while you go sit and relax and have conversation and when your food is done the waitress will bring it to you so you get the exactly the vegetables Meats sauces and spices you want on your meal very similar to BD's Mongolian Barbeque if you're familiar with that. Prices about medium but it's worth it to get exactly what you want

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Tim's Too is a great Asian Grill right in downtown St. Joe. Great selection of stir fry type of meals. Great service and options. Somewhat limited seating, but well worth any wait.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

So this might not be the most elegant place... Norah is it very spacious, but the food is unbeatable. You put all the food you want in a bowl and they cook it for you. The key is to put lots of sauces together... Even if it seems like they won't go well together. I'm sure they will. Also you should definitely get the rodi/ flatbread thing... It's delicious. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.