“Best Asian Food in the County”
Review of Ban Thai

Ban Thai
Ranked #31 of 104 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Phone number is (269) 983-2989.
Description: Phone number is (269) 983-2989.
Reviewed 24 August 2016

This is a small, family run restaurant in a strip mall, very nicely decorated inside. Service is quick and very friendly. Excellent Thai food, and in our opinion the very best Asian food within a 35 mile radius (at least). The proprietor, Jimmy, meets and greets. We've eaten here many times, a favorite.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We have frequented this little gem of a Thai restaurant! It's little but bursting with Jimmie's personality, colorful presentation and wonderful flavor! He and his wife worked very hard to make our experience a pleasure. They are delightful and the food is great!
Notre Dame, IN

Reviewed 20 July 2016

The server was so friendly. The food wash very fresh-tasting and delicious and I felt it was healthy too. Great little place for lunch or dinner. I like that they have many options for vegetarians.

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

This place was well below our standards. Food and service were not good. Multiple mistakes and the food was sooo salty. I'm not sure how this place is ranked so high in food quality... Maybe we got them on an off night, but we won't be back. I was hoping for so much more!

Reviewed 21 April 2016

If you love thai, you NEED to go here!

When we first arrived, the one person attending the customers let us know that it might be a little while before he was able to get to us. DON'T let this scare you off! It took 5-10 minutes before he was able to get us our waters and take our orders, but the food came extremely fast once he put the orders in. The waiter (maybe the owner?) was very friendly even though he was rushing around and trying to take care of everyone in the restaurant.

I had the curry fried rice with chicken and it was heavenly. It was beautifully presented as a mound of deliciousness and I couldn't stop raving to my friends about how good it was. My friends also raved about their food, too.

Also, the tablecloth had dinosaurs on it. If nothing else convinces you to come, that fact should!

There isn't much seating, though, so you may want to order out if you can.