“Very good, I returned twice”

Bistro on The Boulevard
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro on The Boulevard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 104 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I tried the burger and soup my first visit. The burger was juicy and the soup tasty. They only have two soups daily - tomato basil and french onion. I had the onion and my guest had the tomato. Both were spiced without excess salt. My second visit, I had duck confit, wedge salad, potato salad, daily vegetables and a glass of red wine. On my third visit I ordered chicken paillard, potato salad and french onion soup without bread.The crowd varied every night. The first evening was quiet, the second evening was overwhelmed by the bar crowd and the third night the dinner crowd filled the restaurant. At all times, we did not need reservations. We were seated promptly and service sometimes took a while. The bread basket was served with butter and a spreadable cheese which was tart and tasted a bit like blue cheese. All in all we very quite satisfied.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The view is spectacular at sun set and the food is very good. We started with appetizers that were delicious. The bistro board was the best. I had the chicken for dinner and it was moist and tasty which is difficult for chicken breast. The arugala salad and mashed potatoes went great with the chicken.
The martini's were great and many to choose from. They also have a nice wine list with many Michigan wines.
The only issue we had was with our waitress who gave us a hard time with our check. The manager took the time to make it right so all is good.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The restaurant was beautiful, service was friendly and prompt, the martini was perfect, and the filet was exceptional. The filets were prepared exactly to order.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

My family visited for a late lunch on a summer day. We were greeted by a very congenital hostess. However, our server left much to be desired. She did not get a single order correct. She did not ask how our food tasted. She did not offer water or check for refills. When I asked her about my missing fruit, she told me she was feeling very scattered today without apology. *Sigh*. I miss good customer service. We will not return.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I like nearly everything about the bistro. We have enjoyed it for four dinners, and even booked it for our daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner in May.
Last Saturday my wife and I enjoyed dinner on the outside terrace. Again great food and service.
I had ordered a Manhattan on the rocks, which was fine. When I scanned the bill, however, I noticed that they CHARGED for the ICE ! Has anyone found that done anywhere else ? I asked the waiter to have that discussion with his manager. They can't make any significant income from the ice charge, but it sure makes them look chintzy.
Please reconsider this absurd charge.
I like you restaurant, and will be back, but admit that I will "steal" my ice from my water glass next time.