“Peace and quiet with your own private dune and...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of DUNE SECLUSION

The Sandbox front view. Looks at fine.Beyond dunes is L a me MI.
Open concept great room-kitchen area Wood burning fireplace in Great room.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Sandbox front view. Looks at fine.Beyond dunes is L a me MI.
Open concept great room-kitchen area
Wood burning fireplace in Great room.
Sunsets from top of dune!
Bathroom on upper level.Note: we DO NOT provide beach or bathing t owels.
Great room-note in a bit of a disarray as bathroom was receiving a make over!
Photo from back of home overlooking dune area.
View from side deck-has grill for your use.This is a photo taken in November.
Front of home with cover decks.Parking area next to fence.
Great room w/sliding glass doors to cover deck overlooking dune.
Teak  spa floor in shower area.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Kristine...
“Peace and quiet with your own private dune and beach”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

My sister and nieces and I were looking for a quiet place to unwind and get away. We weren't looking for lots of stuff to do -- we just wanted to sit on the beach, read, and enjoy time away from work. And boy did we get it! This lovely two-story beach house was adorable, and it was completely secluded, with our own private dune and beach. In the middle of June, we didn't see another soul! (Well, except for the poor guy who got his truck stuck on one of the sand paths... which, I don't think he was supposed to be driving on in the first place.)

There is a fire pit (and tons of places that sell firewood for only a few dollars a bundle), and a fairly steep dune immediately behind the house. And while the climb was strenuous, it was worth it -- the view from the top of the dune was beautiful! The beach on the other side was very secluded (again, we didn't see one other person the whole time we were there), but it was a tad bit rocky (nice soft sand, but polished/rounded pebbles that you have to walk over between the sand on the dune and the sand in the water). Plus, the house has a shaded, wrap-around deck off the back, with a heated water shower (to hose off the sand) and a gas grill. Inside the house, it is adorably decorated, with comfortable furnishings and quite a bit of amenities in the kitchen (everything you need to cook just about anything). Plus, a VCR/DVD player and TV, so bring along movies for evenings.

The only qualification I would make would be that it sleeps 5 people only if two of them are small children. There is a bunk bed in one of the rooms with a double mattress on the bottom and single on the top, and the other room has a very comfortable queen mattress. But luckily for us, with four adults, we were just fine.

And if you are looking for things to do, there is a state park just down the road (walking distance, if you're up for a hike), and the downtown area of South Haven is only a few minutes away by car. Plus, there's a Meijer grocery store (that has EVERYTHING you could ever imagine/need) only a few minutes away, too. We ended up buying groceries and cooking for our whole stay, and it was just wonderful.

I would highly recommend this rental for anyone who's looking to get away from it all. I can't remember the last time I was able to unplug and relax like I was able to here. We'll definitely be back!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
3 Jul 2017
Thank you for enjoying the dune and the Sandbox. Sounds like it was a match made in heaven.You are right about the truck not supposed to be anywhere on the dunes. I believe the fine is around $500.00? It is a critical dune and is in the process of restoration ,planting delicate dune grass, grooming pedestrian paths. The $500,000 grant from various State agencies did not include making accessable for residents trucks!
Thankful for being a guest and shopping at our local Meijer store! Hope to see you again in the future. " The dunes are to Michigan what the Grand Canyon is to Arizona" Our goal us to preserve for future generations. Thank you for being a guest!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing