“Great for drinks”

Dining options: After-hours
Livonia, MI
“Great for drinks”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I ate lunch here with a bachelorette party, where our goal was to eat and kick off a night of boozing. Everyone said theirs was good. Rave reviews from the person eating some Louisiana style shrimp dish, so maybe try that. It's not fancy, but it gets teh job done. Relaxed atmosphere. The waiter we had was awesome. Bathroom was teeny tiny and leaned, so that was weird, but really nothing bad. We also kicked off the evening bachelorette party festivities here with a few rounds of drinks. Nothing special, nothing bad.

Niles, Michigan
“Pretty cool for very casual dining”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My Fiance and I took a cruise on the "Friends Good Will" and decided to have lunch on The Idler afterward since it was just across the marina. It was very packed, but we were able to get on board and find a table in the little bar area, overlooking the water, pretty quickly. Our waitress was young and friendly. We ordered sodas and they had the best Ginger Ale I've had in a long time. Utensils and Cups were plastic, but I didn't mind. We ordered the nachos for an appetizer. They were interesting, but good. They were unlike any nachos I've had with ingredients such as bleu cheese and a little hint of sweetness. We ordered the Fish and Crisps basket for our main meal. I was very impressed with the quality of the fish! That alone would make me come back for more. It was deep fried, but not too greasy. The fish was plump and flaky and the cracked black pepper and sea salt chips that came with it was a nice compliment. Our bill ended up being about $37 which wasn't all that bad. Overall, I would say it was a great place to catch a bite while out shopping or hanging out by the water. We enjoyed watching the boats go by and relaxing on the water!!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Don't Waste Your Time”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Bad food and the water would be nice if you don't mind spelling the gas and exhaust from the boats that go by.

Atlanta, Georgia
“What's not to like?”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Beautiful summer evening along Lake Michigan with friends. The back deck of the Idler and cold beer. Food is simply bar food. Don't expect fine dining. Beer and drink menu are good. The best part of the Idler is the location.
This time of year brings a lot of boaters into the Idler.

Canton, Michigan
“Stay Away Until They Clean The Place”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Went there for a beer and a burger. The restaurant is filthy and the food was not very good. The center placemat on our (first) table had mold all over it. We put the placemat off the table until we moved to another table. When we moved, the waitress put the moldy placemat back on the table we had moved from. The carpet in the restaurant is filthy. The owners obviously don't care about filth. If you don't believe me, try the place. The health department needs to look into this place. If this is supposed to be a South Haven landmark, forget it.
Every time I think of the experience I still cringe.

• Visited July 2011