US$116
Hampton.com
US$91
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$108
US$125
ComfortSuites
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate(Southgate)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$79
US$61
US$66
US$63
Red Roof
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2014

Went to stay here with my family. Check in, the lobby smells of cigarettes. Drive around to our room, see a drug deal in the parking lot. Open the door to the room...walls are filthy, tubs dirty, smells gross. Go back to the lobby and request a refund and they offer me another room and an upgrade. Head to new room...hair in the sink, candle wax all over the place and identical to the first room. Not sure what kind of upgrade it was. Back to the lobby and get a refund. This place is disgusting.

• Stayed: September 2014
4  Thank Joyousme
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The room was filthy, the toilet had feces on it and it didn't flush,the tub had dirt and soapscum, the sheets, blankets and bedspread, full of hair and stains, blood on the edge of the bed and carpet the internet barely works at night, and there are stoned hookers that wander around all day. Never again!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
10  Thank ddarb4372
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My family and I were on a budget so we decided to stay at the Motel 6 and it was actually nice. The woman who checked me in was very helpful. The pool was a bit small but it worked out well for my children.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank May J
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

The worse placed we have stayed on our trip so far. Half the lights in the room didn't work or even had light bulbs. Only one set of towels and no little shampoo/ conditioner (collect them for our kids). Tissue box was empty, toilet seat was a differant color then toilet and the bathroom door you had to lift and wrestle with to get it to close. If we weren't so tired from driving we would have gone to a different hotel. Never showeres and checked out in the am so fast.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank 4rponyz
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Dear 4rponyz - We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the maintenance issues you encountered. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Regarding the lack of amenities such as toiletries, etc. - please know that, as an economy brand, we keep our amenities limited in order to keep our brand promise to offer great value for the lowest price of any national chain.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed in this motel in July. The woman at the desk said that they would not take any checks. Usually, in this case I ask them to phone the manager and he always says traveller's checks are OK. In this case he said no. This is the first time this has ever happened at a Motel 6. I use travel checks because if I use my Canadian credit card they skim off an extra commission to convert from US dollars to Canadian dollars so this always bugs me. The motel was also next to the freeway and our room was missing some furniture. They had some cookies in the morning which was nice tho.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family