US$116
ComfortSuites
US$105
US$91
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

US$109
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate(Southgate)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$68
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$69
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$64
US$133
Hampton.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

This place is disgusting! I cleaned the left side of the tub, right side is what they thought was clean. Found random pills in a drawer, was given dirty towels. The housekeeper came in to "clean" she sprayed something all over things, half wiped them down. Never once scrubbed the tub or turned water on to rinse it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2016

I forgot the lady’s name that checked me in and I must say she excelled with customer service. I had to go to an important business meeting and I was on crutches at that time. She was so generous by opening the door and offered if I needed help to walk to my door. She new I was in pain and needed help. She deserves a raise. I called the manager to tell her what a great employee she had.

Room Tip: For a great price and service, you can’t go wrong.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2015

Very slow check in (your receipt is on a dot matrix printer). Carpet was dirty, sink was clogged, room smelled like cigarettes, and overall this was an old and outdated room. Yet I walked by lots of empty updated rooms. In addition, all rooms are supposed to be non-smoking but the hotel has sand filled pots for ash trays right outside of each room. So smokers stand inside their room with the door open and stick their arm out the door when they aren't puffing. So on top of having to walk through a cloud of smoke to get to my "non-smoking" room, you have to navigate around the forearms sticking out with lit cigarettes pointing at you to get to your room. When on check out the clerk asked me how my stay was, and I told him the above, he started yelling at me when I started to explain the cigarette issue (didn't even let me finish talking!). At that point I told him to stop yelling at me and walked out. I would advise people to steer clear of this motel, and now am hesitant to try any other motel 6's. Oh and also, the stairs are very sticky - how hard is it to rinse them down' once in awhile? Neither of the 2 ice machines worked. The only positive is the Wi-Fi internet works very well.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are a non-smoker, otherwise ask for one of the updated rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

LM,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

Seemed Okay At First, And Then Later That Night I Happen to see Something Crawling On The Floor. It Was a roach. There Were 8-10 Baby Roaches Just Hanging Out. And You Know what That means if theres Babies Theres Got To be a Mother Roach around Too. & then come to find Out There Was A Bug Crawling On The Bed & I Killed It And Seen it Was A Bed Bug. Disgusting. My Boyfriend Had got Bitten By the Bed Bugs Never ever Again will we Stay At A motel 6.. this was The Location In southgate Michigan On Northline & allen. Behind The McDonalds. Never Again. !!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Talisa P
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Talisa,
We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We take bed bug reports very seriously. We sincerely apologize for your experience and for the unsatisfactory response you received to your complaint. Please know that we are on high alert regarding this issue and are mindful to monitor our rooms in order to address, treat and terminate any issues if we discover them. We have policies and training that should have prevented the experience you describe, but unfortunately bed bugs are a world-wide problem and present a unique challenge due to their highly transient nature, traveling easily in luggage and clothing. This is why we continually train our housekeeping staff to proactively monitor all guest rooms for the potential presence of bed bugs, and have standing contracts with professional exterminators to treat affected areas in case any are discovered on our premises. No room gets released until we have an all clear from them. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact Guest Services at 1-855-787-9864 to further address any specific concerns you might have, and to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

This Motel 6 has a drive through check-in. But that's not all. It comes with a menu of shifty characters and a room scented with Crack smoke. The McDonald's next door drive-thru is open all night which is convenient if you have a car. Don't leave pet food on the floor because by morning the ants will be all over it.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank tm2061
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.