“Staff don't care!”

Abuelo's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I called the restaurant about 6:10PM and was told that there was about 45 minutes wait but they could "call ahead" seat our party of 8 "comfortably" at 8PM. We have arrived at the restaurant at 7:50PM and were told that the wait for the table would be about 20 minutes. As I approached the hostess at 8:30PM and asked what the delay was, she informed me in a "you can leave if you don't like it" voice that they had no tables opened and she really didn't know when we would get ours. At that point I asked to speak to manager. Young girl came to the front. She told me in the same manner as the hostess that there were no tables and we will be seated when something opens. There were about 5 tables sectioned off that could sit 8 people with no issues and were not being used before, during our visit or as we were leaving. I am really disappointed in this restaurant as my family and I visit it often. We had some friends visiting from another state and wanted them to experience the great service and food that this restaurant usually offers but this time our visit was beyond disappointing. Had they told us when I called at 6:10 to come in and just to wait for out table, I am assuming we would of have been seated by 7PM. But because of the staff and managers inability to manage this restaurant w didn't get our table till almost 9PM. While there were tables that they have opened. Will never be visiting this restaurant again. For me it is enough to be told by manager and the staff that they don't care if you patron this place or not.

1  Thank KateMMacomb

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We meet friends for dinner here but we like to go to the bar area and just get appetizers. They have a very inexpensive appetizer menu. Prices from $2.99 and our most expensive one was $4. Lots of good choices and drink specials.

1  Thank MissMyDog
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I love the avocado enchilada with a ground beef one both covered in the sour cream sauce, yum! Let's not forget the spinach espanaca and papas con chile as sides and you have perfection. Almost forgot, I love the green salsa, has a tangy taste like there's pineapple in it, which I wouldn't have thought sounded good, alas it tastes yummy!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Abuelo's was a great experience. Our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable. The food was great and there was so much to pick from! We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Abuelo's is a Mexican restaurant that ranks I believe a little bit higher than the average Mexican restaurant as far as quality, flavor, and overall cleanliness. The wait staff is normally friendly and helpful. The food is good and the portion size is about average. The one thing that I thoroughly enjoy on the menu is this melted four cheese queso dip they have for the chips they bring to your table. You get free chips and salsa, but the cheese is worth paying the extra money for. If you want an overall nice Mexican restaurant to enjoy in the area I would suggest Abuelo's over any other.