Staymaker
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Three Oaks
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Description: Staymaker is a full-service restaurant attached to Journeyman Distillery. The restaurant houses Journeyman's second production facility and provides stunning views to diners of the towering copper still. Diners can venture right to the railings and look down into the production space as our distillers are hard at work crafting our spirits. The menu is heavily influenced by the distillery and our spirits course through the dishes, from mussels steamed in our apple cider liqueur to pizzas made with crusts mimicking the mash bills of our bourbon and rye.
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Drove from Chicago to Staymaker at the Journeyman distillery in Three Oaks for a Bday lunch, before going to the Four Winds Casino. The food was excellent. Order from the share menu mussels and smoked trout spread both great apps. Also ordered the Detroit style pizza( bacon and squash, duck fig, pork belly & brussel sprout and mushroom and onion) all the different flavors we got everyone really liked . The french fries were great. They do not serve beer or wine, but their craft cocktails are very interesting and creative. All the drink we tried where great (to name a few High Garden, Moscow Mule and the Aztec Manhattan)they also offer flights of distilled spirits. Service was very good. They manage to incorporate many of their spirits into the food. Go prepared to try new items. We look forward to dining there again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Alyssa S. is amazing! Whatever we wanted she got. She knew about everything they sold. The food was sooo good. Don't let the online menu fool you, they have more than that.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

I took my friend for a birthday luncheon on December 9th to Staymaker at the Journeyman distillery in Three Oaks. The place is very funky, downtown looking with a limited menu and drinks made from their own stash. We enjoyed ourselves because we like the pizza menu. But it was cold, drafty and so LOUD with the stills in full gear. It's not enclosed behind glass like so many other distilleries but out in the open. It's quite unpleasant and I can't possiblwy recommend this place until they have that problem solved. You have to raise your voice to talk and that, in itself, is unpleasant. It could be one of the best in the area but, as yet, they're not there yet.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

They have done a wonderful job rehabilitating this real old factory which is actually three places in one now - a theater, a distillery and a restaurant. The Staymaker serves up good food at a reasonable price but the main attraction is the environment and the types of drinks offered from the distillery.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

I love the architectural uniqueness of the restaurant. I had been there before, in it's previous iteration, and it was very interesting to see how it has been converted. Love the old, industrial vibe. We had sandwiches, a burger and pulled pork, which were both very good. Our problem was with the drinks. First of all, let me say that neither of us are whiskey connoisseurs, which have been our first warning. We were prepared to get something other than whiskey to drink, specifically beer, but they do not serve beer due to some sort of alcohol licensing thing because of being a distillery (our waitress tried to explain it, but we were a bit confused). My husband ordered a flight of something white, but couldn't drink more than two. I tried something the waitress recommended that "beer drinkers think tastes similar to a beer". I took two sips and stopped. She came back and commented that she didn't think I would like it. If that was true, then why did you recommend it?? She took it away. I asked her about a bloody mary, which she described and it sounded good. When it arrived it had so much white and black pepper, along with other spices, floating in it that it wouldn't suck it up in the straw. It felt like a mouthful of gravel when I did get some in my mouth. I could only drink a little bit of this. Now, I admit that this is my fault, but because of the waitresses' suggestions, I would have thought that at least one of the drinks would have been complimentary. Nope, the alcohol we didn't drink (one flight and two drinks) cost us $29.00. Kind of disappointing for what we got. We probably won't be back.