“East meats west fussion with a twist”
Review of Gaijin

Gaijin
Ranked #98 of 320 Restaurants in Traverse City
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

This is not a fussion resturant however the food was excellent. Many Asian spices, currie and and a touch of dim-sum type appetizers. Waiter gave us great afvice on the menu unfortunately we did not catch his name and Mallory our server and waitress attended to us and was courteous and also knowledgeable about the food.
I highly recommend this place for the adventuring connoisseurs and GaiJin lovers

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We went in that Sunday and we're so pleased with our great service and delicious food. Everyone was super knowledgeable and was able to guide us through the menu. They also have a nice selection of wine and beer and cocktails. The atmosphere and the music were super hip and fun. The ingredients to my Ramen were very fresh.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

This was more than a meal. It was a food experience! The food was reasonably priced, our server was personable and sweet, and choosing from the menu was fun and exciting! The crispy dumplings were incredible, being sweet, spicy, crunchy, and tangy with every bite. My husband and I split a rice bowl with pork for lunch and it was plenty of food for lunch. The crisp veggies, sticky rice, and combination of meat and sauce made for a very filling and satisfying meal. We were both ver pleased with our food experience at Gaijin!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

We ended up going here twice for dinner on a recent visit to traverse city. Great comfort food. I am a vegetarian and was really happy to see a tasty vegetarian ramen option. Good add on options as well (seasonal veggies, egg, etc) My friends loved the shoyo and a chicken based ramen as well. Would def. return again

Reviewed 5 May 2017

My dad and I visited Gaijin during lunch, and I have to say after reading the reviews that my expectations were low, but I was pleasantly surprised by how yummy it was. My dad who lived in Taiwan for 5 years, has visited China and Japan many times and currently lives outside of San Francisco and has been to Chinatown many times, said that he thought this was very good. I think he is a a good judge of great Asian cuisine! We split the Chicken Gyoza dumplings, which were really yummy! We also split the Chankonabe Rice Bowl, which I am now a huge pork belly fan! LOVE pork belly and this was perfectly prepared! It had chicken and pork belly, along with veggies and a side of rice. I will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank downtownnikiibrown