All reviews open hours hour pool biscuits gravy pool and hot tub choice hotels waffles free shuttle shuttle service coffee maker very nice hotel cherry festival free breakfast staff was very friendly room was spacious and clean downtown area would stay again king bed
Reviewed 30 October 2014 via mobile

I was sent to Traverse City for a conference, and my wife and I made it into a weekend. We decided to stay at the Comfort Inn because the first night had a conference discount, and my employer was paying the bill. We enjoyed the hotel, the staff was amazing, and everyone was willing to help us enjoy our stay in Traverse City. One odd thing we noticed, no matter what time of day, we never saw anyone in the pool. Kari said the chlorine smell was sickeningly strong, so I avoided it.

We took advantage of the free shuttle service that is offered in the city. If your going to either peninsula, you will need to drive yourself. The shuttle was a great way to see the downtown, and it allowed me to go back and forth to the conference while allowing my wife to keep the car.

Breakfast, while included, was nothing spectacular. I'd recommend bringing your own breakfast, or going to one of the many fine restaurants in town.

After tax, we paid over $200 a night, more than we paid to say ON Mackinaw Island the proceeding weekend. The reason you'll pay it is because Traverse City is amazing, and the Comfort Inn was the best rate I could get for a fall weekend. When you factor location, service and price, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2014
Brad S, Manager at Comfort Inn Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests.

Reviewed 15 October 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. hotel, comfortable beds, friendly staff. They even gave us complementary flowers for our anniversary. The 24 hour pool and free shuttle were great perks as well!!
overall a great value! Would stay again! The only downside was the soundproofing on the rooms weren't that great. It was easy to hear what was going on next door!

• Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed 10 October 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights and we're impressed. The room was very clean and had everything we needed at a fair price. Staff were great as well. Their breakfast suited us just fine. Highly recommended hotel-we would return here next time we are in the area.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Brad S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope that you continue to utilize our hotel in the future when you are in the Traverse City area.

Reviewed 3 October 2014

We did a two night stay at the facility. The check and staff were friendly efficient and informative. The room was clean and properly tended to on the second day. The continental breakfast, and the staff that attended to it, was very good. Food was restocked as it grew low and all things hot were hot, and all things cold remained cold. Our only gripe would be the patrons that remain seated well after completing their meal to chat, . It was very crowded and many patrons including ourselves, were forced to eat in the lobby, and or on the hearth of the fireplace. Perhaps the Management could post a "reminder" to the travelers to be polite and MOVE ON!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2014 via mobile

The staff is really friendly and it is very close to downtown which is a bonus. The room should be updated as the wallpaper is splitting at some corners. The caulk around the jacuzzi tub is torn away but the suites are still very nice. I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple