US$199
Country Inn
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$180
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$269
Comfort Inn Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$220
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$259
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$239
Best Western Plus Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$250
Grand Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$251
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$238
Travelocity
A Breath of Heaven Bed and Breakfast(Traverse City)
US$341
All reviewstasting roomhonor systemwine tastingvan goghold mission peninsulaexecutive suitelate harvest rieslingwine makingcellar tourgreat winebed and breakfastgrape vineseach morninggourmet breakfastromantic getawaywine countrybeautiful property
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This winery is picturesque with amazing vineyard and water views. Its truly breathtaking. We went here for a wine tasting and it did not disappoint. We tasted at the bar because you got more wines than if you took your flight of 3 wines to the patio. They had a wide variety of wines to choose from...I'm more of a sweet lover of wine so the Late Harvest Riesling and the Gewurztraminer were my favorites, while my husband who likes reds, really enjoyed the Pinot Noir. With every tasting you received a Chateau Chantal wine glass to take home as a souvenir. The real treat for me was paying an extra $5 for a glass of their Ice Wine. This was $80 for half a bottle of wine (if you wanted to purchase) because it is so hard to make and the temps of the grapes have to be perfect for several days. It was delicious. With each tasting you also received a discount on wine purchased that day. This was very nice since we bought several bottles. The patio of the winery is just amazing (we went back the next day and had another tasting of 3 flights on the patio.). The day was perfect weather, warm but also breezy. We were there right at the opening at 11am and had the whole patio for ourselves for about 30 minutes. It was very relaxing and romantic with the wines and the amazing views. This really is a MUST SEE winery on Old Mission Peninsula.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trishamichelle
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The room is spacious but quite simple for the price and our room needs a renovation

The location is great with views of the bay amid the vineyards and the service very friendly
Rooms are near the tasting room and if you like wine ( particularly the whites) - a free tasting and and one glass per day is included - they have the honor system on this feature.

Breakfast is included but not exceptional

Overall expensive for the price but still recommend a visit

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We stopped in this winery by chance. Meaning there are probably 20 on the same road. We just picked one. I don't have another to compare it too because we ob=nly visited the one. This place was pretty cool. The staff treated you the same no matter what you drove up in or were dressed like. I was a little nervous as I'm not the wine tasting kinda guy. You dive in thru their vineyard which is pretty cool in itself. Then you get some flights of wine sit down and test them out. Amazing view. We bought a couple bottles to bring home and were on our way. Very cool place.

1  Thank Dewie R
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Each time we stay is always a great time -try to go at least once per year -it's a treat to stay there -views are amazing !! Love the wine tasting and the breakfast is amazing ! The room was beautiful and the staff is so friendly

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We prepared online for a cellar tour. We got there 10-15 minutes early as suggested. We asked the girl at the counter where to go and she said to stand by the fireplace. We were there for the 1:00 tour, and at the fireplace by 12:50. By 1:03 no one was around and my husband went and used the restroom. We figured we were just being impatient. By 1:10 we had enough. I asked the girl what was going on and she was as frazzled trying to fix it. The manager said they had been "looking" for us but I find that really hard to believe. We were really excited to do this tour and it was just taken from us from poor planning. They tried to get us back into it late but wasn't having that. We got a refund. Not sure if the wine is great since we didn't stay for the tasting. Just had a glass before the wait. Very frustrated.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
mcdalese, Owner at Chateau Chantal Winery and Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Hello,
I'm extremely sorry to hear about this mishap. I can understand your frustration. There is nothing worse than following instructions only to have to wait and be presented with confusion. I have consulted the manager and the tour guide, both of whom indicated that the guide searched the tasting rooms by name for the pre-booked guests prior to starting. This sounds like an unfortunate case of "just missing" one another. I have instructed the guide to make a loud verbal announcement prior to the tour starting so we can avoid any such confusion going forward.

This is certainly not the standard of service we strive for. Again, my sincere apologies for the occurrence.

Marie-Chantal Dalese