Little Bohemia - The West End Pub & Eatery
Ranked #56 of 327 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Est. 1932, Traverse City's 2nd Oldest Tavern, started as a hot dog stand with curb side service, outdoor seating, annual ritual of making sauerkraut, and a Speak Easy in the basement. One evening the owner was held up by a couple of Capone’s men, warning him he’d better get his liquor from Capone or else! They were chased off by an employee who was able to sneak to his truck and get his shotgun. Located in the heart of “Little Bohemia” the original owner named it in honor of the Bohemian community; expansions in 1933 and 1947 made it an icon and a premier destination in the city’s West End District. It also basks in the glory of Sir Walter Hagen. The golf legend made a daily stop to “hold court”, play bumper pool and have a few drinks. He lovingly referred to it as his “home away from home.” In 1961, Arnold Palmer won his 1st British Open win; he received a “congratulations” call from Walter Hagen; the call was made from Little Bohemia. Stop by and take in some great local history!
Reviewed 24 August 2017

this older place still has some pazazz. Great place to eat, drink, and visit with friends. Lots of beverages to choose from.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We stopped in early one evening to this little gem in Traverse City. Be sure that you take time to read the history of the restaurant, which is on the back of the menu - there may be a quiz! We were greeted by the server, who happened to be the daughter of the owners, and she's quite a character! Just keep in mind that you are going into a local treasure, and that like the owners' daughter, it has a lot of character. Part of the dining area is the original building, built way back in the 1930's, and since added on to. Original booths are also part of the decor. The menu takes you back to the times of local tavern food, and Bohemian dishes. This place is famous for its Olive Burger, and I have to say, I think it was the best one I've ever had in Traverse City! Fresh ground meat, plenty of salty olives, and a bun that keeps it all together. Yummy! My husband had a hankering for meatloaf, and he was not disappointed! We shared the cherry bread pudding (if you go to a restaurant in TC and didn't see something cherry-related on the menu, you weren't in TC!) with local-made ice cream, and it was heavenly! So, if you are looking for comfort food, an eclectic tavern, and good ol' home cooking, this is your place!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This place was top notch. The owner was our waitress and she was the best part of the meal! She told you how it was and that made the meal great! I had the olive burger and it was the best burger I had in TC. Others ordered the perch, Italian sub and the cherry bread pudding. Everything was fantastic they even split a burger in half for my kids. Highly recommend this place while visiting.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I went there with a friend and we had the olive burger, and it was really good. But the vast majority of the items on the menu made me feel like I was stepping into a time machine to the 1970's with a lot of heavy and calorie laden menu choices. All good for a cold winter day, but not so great when it is in the 80's and humid outside. Don't get me wrong, I will probably go back, but not in any hurry

LittleBohemia, Guest Relations Manager at Little Bohemia - The West End Pub & Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We ate here on the strong recommendation of friends and they were right! Since we didn't have large appetites at the time, we just split a TC cherry chicken sandwich with excellent cherry walnut mayo. Half a sandwich each was still plenty for both of us, along with hot-out-of-the fryer fries and gave us just enough room for the cherry bread pudding. All of it was delicious. Now, when we travel here again, we'll come back with much bigger appetites to try some of the full meals which our friends said are wonderful. Plus, a family member told me after we had been there that he thinks they have the best burgers in town.