“The warm baguettes and the fresh oysters are a wonderful starting point!”
Review of Bistro Foufou

Bistro Foufou
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Foufou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 322 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Our server was excellent and that is always a good start to any dining experience. The fresh oysters are pricey, but well worth the money. My wife opted for the pan seared salmon, and I went with Steak Frites. My steak was cooked perfectly and the caramelized shallot butter enhanced the beef. I cannot say enough about the frites, as they were some of the best I have ever had. Typical of French restaurants...there were no salt, or pepper shakers on the tables, but who needs them when your meal is so perfectly seasoned! A few years ago we dined at La Becasse, which is also owned by Chef Guillaume. I highly recommend Bistro FouFou if you are in Traverse City, and La Becasse, which is just outside Glen Arbor, in Maple City.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We came here on a Wed night for an anniversary dinner. Our reservation was for 7. The restaurant was only half-full, which was good because the noise from the bar area (separated by a half-wall) was atrocious. I think happy hour went until 6, and there were many stragglers. As they cleared out, it got much quieter. The food was delicious. The service was ok (water went unfilled many times, dishes cleared relatively slowly) Definitely more of a casual atmosphere than I expected (tables very close together, waiter wearing jeans, etc). Food was good. Would go there for a casual meal with friends, but not a fancy special meal.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Escargots with garlic butter beckoned from the menu in the window, so our group of four went in for dinner. Great baguettes, with very, very thin and crispy crust started us off right. We started with shared beet salad, escargots and mussels, all excellent – the baguette slices were perfect for mopping up the broth and garlic butter.
My main dish was steak frites – almost went for the carre d’agneau. The steak was a bit more done than I had asked for but was still tasty. In afterthought I wish I had gone for the lamb, I heard later that it is special there.
Sadly, there were not many other diners. We did go rather late, however, and it seems that TC is an early dining town.
I would certainly go back.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

In town for a special event wanted a dining experi nice. The bouillabaisse was good but the portion small as were the shrimp! The beef bourguino saus seemed pasty and the beef dry and not braised like we expected. Deserts were supreme. Especially the crepe. Service slow considering they we not busy at 530. The website was very inaccurate. And no poultry choice for one of our less adventurous diners. Just expect a little more for the money. The two of us was at 156.00 including apps and a bottle of Haff off wine.

1  Thank Gerry M
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We called ahead for a reservation and were seated right when we got there. Good wine selection and good service. I had the steak/frites- really good; other dishes were enjoyed by all. Will keep on the dinner list for TC!