See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We just spent a week with another couple at this B&B near Traverse City, MI. Wonderfull spot on top of a hill with great views of the surrounding area. The men got up early every day to go fishing and Carla always had some breakfast ready. So actually breakfast was ready for the ladies too later in the mornings. Heard a lot about the homes history. We were very pleased with how clean and comfortable it was. If we get back to the area we will still here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jerry F
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My daughter and I went to Traverse City for a weekend. We wanted to stay at a Bed & Breakfast. I found this one online. It was resonably priced and looked very peaceful and nice. Carla, prepared a wonderful breakfast both mornings we were there. Our room was very nice and the bathroom was very roomy with a large shower with HOT water. We were only 10 minutes from downtown Traverse City and were centrally located to Leland and Glen Lake. Her cat Berdie is sweet too! We will be recommending Cedar Creek to my friends and we will definitely be coming her on our next trip north.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane K
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My husband and I recently spent two nights with Carla at the Cedar Creek Bed and Breakfast. Prior to arrival I was a little apprehensive about what we would find because Cedar Creek is so much less expensive than the other hotels and B&B's in the area. We were absolutely delighted with our entire experience. This is Carla's home and she made us feel like welcomed guests. She cooked a delicious breakfast both mornings. My husband is particular about his coffee and he was very surprised by how good it was. We enjoyed sitting in her back yard listening to the sound of running water and enjoying the view. The house is about 120 years old and is a treat to anyone who appreciates the historic value. The room isn't large but the bathroom is a nice size. There is a large shower and plenty of shelf space to leave your toiletries.
It is a few miles from the downtown area but it takes less than ten minutes to make the drive. The distance makes for a very quiet, restful experience. I will definitely return where I am next in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SFDollins
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Cedar Creek Bed and Breakfast is really quite nice. It's an old farmhouse, with beautiful woodwork and hardwood floors throughout. There are two rooms available -- we stayed in The Hideaway, a lovely but small room with soothing gray walls and a queen size 4 poster bed. (We didn't see the other room, so can't comment on the size). Both rooms have private baths, and ours was very nice, with a large shower, an antique sink, luxury towels, and aromatherapy bath gel. One downside of Cedar Creek is that -- like most old houses (including my own) -- it can be a bit echoey, and sound travels a bit. I'm kind of a light sleeper, and heard Carla, the proprietor get up each morning to start breakfast.

Breakfast was absolutely delicious and generous -- the first morning, we had blueberry scones, fruit, yogurt, and sausage; the second morning, we had quiche, bacon, fruit, scones, and cherry pecan toast. Carla ate with us both mornings -- I'm not sure whether or not she always does this, but we were the only ones staying there at the time.

Carla was very laidback about our arrival time (9 pm) and helpful with suggestions of things to do. She also has an adorable cat, Birdie, who is sweet but a little shy.

The landscaping at Cedar Creek is beautiful, and there is a lovely pond out back. All in all, Cedar Creek is a very relaxing place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2008

We love the house, very classic and cozy. The owner has two cats, they are also very friendly to the visitors. They also has a very beautiful garden, if you want, they have several nice trails behind the house, you can walk around the hill and see the nice view. We will definitely come back when we are in Traverse City.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank u1117054