“Tacos!!!”

Tacos El Caporal
Ranked #10 of 135 Restaurants in Wyoming
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 April 2016

Some serioulsly awesome steak tacos! Quick service with nice portions for your money and an authentic Mexican meal :)

Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday to the 28th street location, I was in the mood for Mexican food and the wait at Lindos was an hour for our group of six. We walked in here and were seated immediately. They brought some chips and sauce in squeeze bottles. It was busy that day and the restaurant was full the staff did their best to take our order and bring drinks. It was pretty quick, the floor was really slippery and a bit dirty in there. Everything comes on styrofoam plates and plasticware. The food was pretty good and I enjoyed the tacos. It is well priced and when you are ready to pay your order you go up to the till and tell them your table number. It is a bit of a cluster there with people ordering takeout and the front door right there. Overall I'd visit again.

Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

We went for lunch, and the entire restaurant was dirty. I'm sure there were several health codes violated. The good was average, but they didn't have any salsa for our chips - only hot sauce in a squirt bottle. I would not recommend this place for any family or friends.

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

We arrived on a Saturday night after 8:00. If a place is still busy that should be a good sign especially when there is no alcohol or entertainment, which they have neither. There were no clean tables nor did the place look very clean. We informed the first person to our table that it was our first time, no comment or greetings were given. Eventually our table was clean and a young lady brought us warm chips, a menu and a smile. No salsa for the chips because all the bottles are empty. I loved the guacamole which is made fresh.
Not being Mexican we are not as familiar with authentic style tacos so this was to be our adventure.
I had a shrimp, a chicken and a steak taco. The shrimp taco was spicy, the beef and chicken were mild. The have lettuce, tomato and cilantro on them. A dish of grilled green onions and a jalapeño with sliced radishes and lime wedges come on the side.
All foods are served on paper or styrofoam plates , a plastic fork , and styrofoam cups are the only dishes here. A check is not brought to the table. You need to go up front and tell them your table number.
This was not the type of place that will get a second visit from us.

Reviewed 19 November 2015 via mobile

I love the taste! Lunch is always busy! I think it is the closest you will find to a true authentic mexcian food here in Grand Rapids. Better than Tex-Mex/ Cal-Mex food. Please keep in mind they serve on paper plates and plastic forks so that should give you an idea of what to expect. No alcohol and there is normally not enough wait staff but the food is on point all the time.