“Worst resolution by manager ever”
Review of Osaka Japan Grille

Osaka Japan Grille
Ranked #72 of 93 Restaurants in Blaine
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone !!
Entered the bldg. and was pretty much ignored for 5 minutes, then the host came out and waited on 3 other couples that came in after my party before acknowledging us.
** Keep in mind at this point he Did NOT mention a "coat room".
During dinner, as a cook wheeled their cart past my chair, he caught my $300.00 North Face jacket and ripped a hole in the back of it as he drug it off my chair. Just kept walking and didn't say anything. When I brought this to the managers attention, he did NOT want to even listen to me. Kept walking away to do other things, and when he would come back, it was all attitude of " this has Never happened here before... what you expect me to do, this is not our fault" and would then again walk away expecting me to just leave.
At the end, he actually told me it was MY fault this happened, as I did not use the " coat room " ( none of the 7 people, in the 3 parties seated at the same table used the coat room, ALL had jackets on their chairs )
I dealt with this for almost 45 minutes before I finally just gave up.
If I could have called the police to file a complaint, I would have !!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We bought the Groupon cause we wanted to take our kids to a hibachi grill. The told us we couldn't use the Groupon on lunch and they wanted to charge 5 bucks for having one of our kids share our meal. So one meal is 5 bucks more for just sharing a little with your kid. Could only order from the dinner menu with the Groupon. Won't be going back.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Stopped by in Northtown food court. Plenty of seating in the food court with minimal menu. Cook right in front of me.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My wife loves Groupons. She uses them to check out new places. We were excited to try Osaka. As soon as we entered Osaka, located in the lovely Target strip mall, the hostess asked us if we were using a Groupon. They seated us separately from other diners, limited our choices on the menu, and we couldn't get happy hour prices for cocktails at the table. I'm a big Benihana fan. Osaka is not Benihana though they do try. I did like the Osaka steak, but that is about it. I didn't care for the soup, vegetables, and shrimp. I thought Groupons were to drive business, not drive away business. It also is interesting to watch the birthday celebrations. They make the birthday person where a plastic baby doll head while people sing and laugh. I don't think they disinfect the baby's head, at least not that I saw. I wouldn't put it on for a free meal. They do like to pour free rice wine down your mouth from a distance. They will pour as much as you can swallow. Osaka may be great for some people, but not for me.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I like good sushi and hibachi. Get both here. We had a great time.
Definitely a "go again" place, a family place or a business dinner. A little noisy when full but hey, you can't talk business with your mouth full

Been to Osaka Japan Grille? Share your experiences!