“Avoid the place ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This has to be the worst Brewers Fayre I have eaten in and I have a track record of and some bad ones over the years.
There was no table service, we were told be a solum looking barmaid to go find a table get the number and then come back to the bar with our order. We duly did as requested and placed our orders. After 35 minutes 2 of the meals arrived, after a further 5+ minutes we had to go track a member of staff down to enquire about the 3rd meal. It eventually turned up after another 10 minutes. The presentation and quality of the food was diabolical, you could resole your shoes with the rock hard dried out burgers( their signature dish) and the coleslaw was at a higher temperature than the burger.
The staff were not bothered about any of our concerns and the apologies were just lip service.
The next morning at breakfast turned a joke into a full blown pantomime. The place had not been cleaned from the night before, the one woman on duty gave the impression she would rather be anywhere else than there! We had to call her over to take our order. Good job it was not busy, only one toaster with skinny white and brown bread which ran out and wasn’t replenished, no butter only marg, a very grubby tea/coffee machine with rubbish littered around it.
After an age we chased our breakfasts, which eventually turned up without any eggs. “Sorry we’ve run out of eggs!!” “We have gone to get some however the chef doesn’t like doing poached eggs, do you still want them?”
The guys on the next table quickly spoke up and recommended that we gave poached eggs a miss!! Theirs were rock hard yolks with wishy wash whites.
We to our mistake ignored their advice and requested them. Ours turned up just like theirs!!
Shocking is too polite. Avoid the place it’s a tip.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We use Brewers Fayre in Bedford most days as a base outside of our office and the service is always really pleasant. Dawn in particular is always very welcoming when I come in on a Friday morning. She's helpful, polite and very accommodating.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a construction site manager building new retail space for a prestigious company in Bedford, My company know how important it is to provide first class accommodation and meals for their managers when working away.

My meals were catered for by the Brewers Fayre Bedford south A421.

I have to say the most out standing part of my day was being looked after at breakfast by Dawn.

I rise early and each morning am welcomed by Dawn into the restaurant, where I am invited to choose a table, and help my self to serials, toasted food and beverages, comprising of fruit juice, Tea or Coffee.

Dawn always gives me time to make my choices and start my breakfast before approaching me to see if I would like a cooked breakfast.

Even though I have the same every morning I like the fact that Dawn does not jump to conclusion and always gives me a choice.

When my food arrives perfectly presented it is served with a smile and a "Enjoy your breakfast" from Dawn.

I understand there is a whole support staff at Brewers Fayre from keeping the place spotless to preparing the food, but Dawn is the face of the company I see each morning, and in my opinion does a fantastic job looking after her diners.

I see from other reviews I am not the only one that thinks highly Dawn, we cant all be wrong.

Well done Brewers Fayre and well done Dawn

Jonathan
Construction Site Mnager
From Essex.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed our lunch here today- served by cheery Dawn. Rump steak & Gammon steak well cooked and presented well- quick service! Varied choice available on the menu.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The Food selection is excellent, with great service in a prime location!
The desserts are incredible