“best steak pie ever”

Grandma Shields Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Lorne
Reviewed 24 February 2015

Had a steak and mushroom pie and coffee for breakfast in feb when on great ocean road. Pastry and filling superb ; sauce/gravy at just the right level of viscosity which as all pie lovers know is imperative to great pie enjoyment -good steak and mushroom filling -only criticism no brown sauce available - but best meat pie I've ever tasted

Reviewed 2 February 2015

For an establishment that draws you in with huge advertising full of promises of silver medal winning pies and great coffee, they've got a long way to go.
If there was an award for the worst coffee in Lorne Grandma Shield's takes the cake. Over the long weekend the cafe's seating area was filled the muttering of disappointed holidayers taking the first sips of their burnt and bitter coffees. For a business that has huge signage on the windows claiming their coffee and pies are great, they've got a long way to go.

Reviewed 23 December 2014 via mobile

For a business that is confident enough to claim they provide great coffee I was bitterly disappointed. Absolute let down, and expensive just for a kicker. Won't we back any time this century!

Reviewed 16 December 2014

Fabulous blueberry and mixed Danishes. Great for breakfast or a snack with coffee. So freshly baked!!! Great place for pie lovers as well!!

Reviewed 15 December 2014

We visited with my family today, when ordering simple sandwitches we were told 'Oi slow down, this is Australia you know'. Our server was training a new staff member and seemed extremly stressed and pressured with 4 people waiting to be served. This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced. My family and I were shocked to be spoken to in this manner and treated this way! Whist I am not Australian born I am and a Resident, I have never been treated this way in Melbourne.

The food and coffee was average (this being kind) and I would not recommend this bakery to any tourists as it is extremely anti foreigners.

Been to Grandma Shields Bakery? Share your experiences!